By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 6 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are Nintendo Games (4 are 1st Party)! XD

A_C_E said:

If everyone is suffering from Deja Vu sickness then why would both games score so efing high?

This is a fallacy. The fact that they are re-releases is not connected to their quality as games and as such would have no affect on their scores unless they shipped as broken products (see: MCC) or as part of a package of mixed reviews (see: Metroid Prime Trilogy, MCC, GoW Trilogy). Fatigue would be more an issue if you rereleased the same game every year for several years.

Moreover, it still doesn't matter. They are 7th gen games with upped texture quality and model density, GTAV actually has some claim to being a game that got some additional development thrown at it but TLOUR most certainly doesn't.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 7 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are For XBOX ONE / PS4 ! XD

~Well excluding handheld games. (and Nintendo) Lets Analyze this shall we...?

^^^

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

If you trying to put the Wii U above its competition, I'm afraid to tell you, as Wii U owner, that the Wii U is still the worst console in this gen.

Besides horrible OS, gamepad and network, 3 high rated games don't make up the dozens of 3rd parties it's missing. And it will get worse every year.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I think Nintendo games score very well because of long development times and few iterations per gen. Take a look at Smash, if only ONE Tekken, Mortal Combat or Soul Calibur game was released every gen (with long dev times) 90+ scores would be almost a given. Since most Western studios release sequels every year or two the perceived "value" of third party games isn't as high. A new Mario Kart every two years would cause scores to plummet IMO. I'll use BioShock Infinite as an example, long dev time, no sequels any time soon, 90+ meta.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

ghettoglamour said:
If you trying to put the Wii U above its competition, I'm afraid to tell you, as Wii U owner, that the Wii U is still the worst console in this gen.

Besides horrible OS, gamepad and network, 3 high rated games don't make up the dozens of 3rd parties it's missing. And it will get worse every year.

Ok thats awesome, but we are talking about 90+ scores currently in  this gen, all on Nintendo platforms and 4 are from nintendo themselves. This thread aint talking about OS, gamepad, network, thitd party support, etc.

Did i say WiiU>PS4/X1? No, i just said Nintendo has the only (currently) 90+ ranked games so far. Whenever somebody does good news for Nintendo, i hear these types of comments thats a tad bit off topic :-/

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
A_C_E said:

No, GTA V is for PS3 and 360. I'm simply stating facts when I state GTA V Remastered and TLoU Remastered are developed for the 8th generation of consoles thus making them 8th generation games. There's no emotion or "opinion" in this matter for me, therefore no bias. If everyone is suffering from Deja Vu sickness then why would both games score so efing high? I mean these games are the two top rated games of 8th gen according to metacritic. Sales also staple my side of the discussion even further. TLoU Remastered has sold well over 2 million when counting the bundle through summer and we all know how huge GTA V Remastered will be.

Its all about VALUE. When you buy GTA V Remastered or TLoU Remastered you are buying the two most valued 8th gen games. Of course opinions are going to change from person to person as far as value of an item is concerned but that's why I've based my points on facts and not false information hence metacritic, hence why its cherry picking to include some and exclude others when the aggregate has a score for all of them; all of them being 8th generation games. Facts.

So game of the year 2014 includes GTA V remastered and TLOU remastered? It's actually pretty clear cut only include 8th Gen games. Upscaled port of 7th gen game doens't make a 8th gen game. 

GOTY is dependent on which games are contenders, that's another discussion I'm not going to take part in because everyone has their own opinion. I'm not here to discuss opinion; just facts. It is pretty clear cut only to include 8th gen games. You can't find GTA V Remastered on the PS3 or 360. You won't find TLoU Remastered on PS3 lol. You know why? Because TLoU Remastered and GTA V Remastered only work on 8th gen consoles because they are 8th gen games.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. Im trying to think of more ways to explain how 8th gen games for the PS4 and Xbox One are only compatible with 8th gen consoles but I think I'm starting run out.

Vena said:

A_C_E said:

If everyone is suffering from Deja Vu sickness then why would both games score so efing high?

This is a fallacy. The fact that they are re-releases is not connected to their quality as games and as such would have no affect on their scores unless they shipped as broken products (see: MCC) or as part of a package of mixed reviews (see: Metroid Prime Trilogy, MCC, GoW Trilogy). Fatigue would be more an issue if you rereleased the same game every year for several years.

Moreover, it still doesn't matter. They are 7th gen games with upped texture quality and model density, GTAV actually has some claim to being a game that got some additional development thrown at it but TLOUR most certainly doesn't.

Like I already said in a previous post, try looking for GTA V Remastered for the PS3 or 360 and have fun because you won't find a copy. If GTA V Remastered and TLoU Remastered weren't 8th gen games developed for 8th gen systems then how am I playing them on 8th gen consoles when 8th gen consoles aren't backwards compatible? Why must I ask sooo many rhetorical questions?

The dead horses are just piling up!

tbone51 said:
ghettoglamour said:

Ok thats awesome, but we are talking about 90+ scores currently in  this gen, all on Nintendo platforms and 4 are from nintendo themselves. This thread aint talking about OS, gamepad, network, thitd party support, etc.

Did i say WiiU>PS4/X1? No, i just said Nintendo has the only (currently) 90+ ranked games so far. Whenever somebody does good news for Nintendo, i hear these types of comments thats a tad bit off topic :-/

I'm sorry I went off topic to rant about the Wii U, but what I hate is this current trend on this site about how good or superior Nintendo is, which is just surreal in my opinion.

But more power to you if you're proud of being a Nintendo fan. Heck even I don't regret having a Wii U and a 3DS, altough they're not my cup of tea in terms of hardware, they have great exclusive games I just don't want to miss.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Wait until next year, I'm sure we'll see a lot more 90+ games. First year are always the worst during a consoles life cycle. Witcher 3, QB, Uncharted 4, Metal Gear Solid V, Final Fantasy XV (A man can dream ) Batman Arkham Knight, etc.... of course these games could end up getting something lower than a 90 since reviewers seem to have a stick up their ass this gen. Point is the above games all have good chances at getting a 90+ meta.

* Didn't include Halo 5 or The legend of Zelda (assuming it actually comes out in 2015 and with Halo 5 I believe it won't get a 90 meta, blame 343 I'm sure they'll mess up something to cause the game to not get a 90+ meta )

Well, after analyzing the OP; I noticed the following:

- You include the 3DS but not the Vita for some reason, the Vita actually launched several months after the 3DS and it has three titles over 90 on meta. Why exclude the Vita? Is it counting only from a specific time? I see you've excluded some 3DS titles as well, the 3DS actually seven titles over 90 meta if you count all time (and why shouldn't you if you count the 3DS as 8th gen) and if the time window aspect is indeed what you're using; why not simply use that as the defining line for when the PC counts as 8th gen? If so, doesn't that mean you should include PC games from February 2011 if the 3DS is 8th gen? And again; why no Vita?

- You exclude Indie titles, citing that they are "arguably" games, what kind of reasoning is that?

- Your list includes one multiplatform title (Rayman), which has a 91 metascore on One and a 90 on the PS4 (Flower, Fez and Diablo III on PS4 also fit this category) and you also include one title that can "arguably" be called a remake (A Link Between Worlds) if the scope for "arguably" encompasses the possibility that Indie title might be games for real.

- You fail to mention that what you're actually comparing is one home console that has been out for two years and one handheld that has been out for nearly four years and setting them up against two home consoles which have both been out one year; let's check the tally again in one year and then one more time in two years and 8-9 months, shall we?

- You exclude the PC, like many others do with such lists, there is no grounds for this since the argument is "90+ games this gen"; like I've said above, you could have simply counted PC titles as 8th gen from the date the Wii U released, or even the 3DS since that's included.

- You include Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS, there goes the time frame argument against Vita and PC again, this game released right around the same time the Vita first released in a territory.

- You group Indie games with remakes and ports for some reason, probably to disqualify them by proxy, which is an utterly mindblowing tactic, to say the least.

- The PC should feature on your list as well, with the following titles released since February 2011 (when the 3DS came out); Fez (you have included a multiplat for the Wii U, I'm simply doing the same), Skyrim (same as previous), Bioshock Infinite (same), Portal 2 (same), Dishonored (same), Deus Ex: Human Revolution (same), Mark of the Ninja (also on 360 and; I'm sorry, but Indie title are indeed games OP), Spelunky (same as the one right before), NBA2K13 (same as the other multiplats), Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (sorry, Indie title are games, anothe multiplat), DOTA 2 (PC exclusive and after February 2011), Guild Wars 2 (another PC exclusive after February 2011), Total War: Shogun 2 (PC exclusive after February 2011).

In conclusion; your thread title does not specify exclusives (simply says "out of all the games this gen")and your OP contains a multiplat for Wii U but none for others, you disregard the PC and Indie titles for no good reason, you disregard the Vita for no good reason (why 3DS but no Vita?). As mentioned; you also set a handheld from February 2011 (the first 3DS title on that list is November 2011 though, but that still gives massive problems regarding excluding the Vita and PC titles in the same space of time) and a home console from November 2012 against two home consoles from November 2013. The OP and thread title do not specifically mention exclusives either; it's like someone comes in and starts arguing the validity of the criteria and then others throw in "well, that's what he/I meant", that is a pretty low form of debating.

My list above for the PC should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt; 13 titles at 90+ meta for the PC means Out of All The Games This Gen So Far Over 90+ Meta, The PC Wins Easily (three are exclusives)! XD

I'm sorry, tbone51; this OP is massively cherrypicked and containing several ridiculous, arbitrary conditions and terms that remove all credibility and point from the effort. The only thing it proves is that you're willing to resort to all the tricks in the book to promote your preferences as superior. I think you're a deceng guy and user tbone51, but this thread is probably your worst one yet and it is based on unfair, illogical and ludicrous premises that, quite frankly, I think you understand yourself. It's cool that you show enthusiasm for the games you love; but make things fair and grounded at least, this is the kind of thread that promotes poor discussion; the OP sets the tone for discussion and as far as OP's go, this one is very far from top-tier.

"Ok thats awesome, but we are talking about 90+ scores currently in  this gen, all on Nintendo platforms and 4 are from nintendo themselves. This thread aint talking about OS, gamepad, network, thitd party support, etc.

Did i say WiiU>PS4/X1? No, i just said Nintendo has the only (currently) 90+ ranked games so far. Whenever somebody does good news for Nintendo, i hear these types of comments thats a tad bit off topic :-/"

That's a self-defeating post; your OP and thread title never specified as much, I think you're being ridiculous in here, to be perfectly honest. Answers and critique in this case are not off-topic; you should have made an actual effort with the OP and an actual, fair point instead of pulling the victim card on this one.