By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Sales for Smash Bros. Wii U

Tagged games:

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

MK8 is 88, and that looks like a considerably more polished game, so even accounting for Smash's cult popularity and breadth of content, I find it hard to see reviewers placing it much higher than Kart.

Skyrim holds a 96 on Metacritic. Smash Bros. typically scores higher than Mario Kart too. They don't give a damn about polish.

Maybe you're right, but the 3DS version scored what, 85? Obviously Wii U will likely score higher, but by how much when they're so similar?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:
88 Meta

Not only at you but im surprised anybody is predicting lower than an 89, especially when 3ds is at an 85 :0

MK8 is 88, and that looks like a considerably more polished game, so even accounting for Smash's cult popularity and breadth of content, I find it hard to see reviewers placing it much higher than Kart.

More polished =/= higher score. Also SSB > MK on meta, and why compare SSBU to MK8 when SSBU vs SSB 3ds is more logical for review purposes?

That said MK8 is definitely the best MK game and imo is a 90-91 so meta isnt far off. SSBU has alot of stuff your not giving credit for. 

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Skyrim holds a 96 on Metacritic. Smash Bros. typically scores higher than Mario Kart too. They don't give a damn about polish.

Maybe you're right, but the 3DS version scored what, 85? Obviously Wii U will likely score higher, but by how much when they're so similar?

So Similar???????????? Nooooooooooooooooooo! MK7 + MK8 is more similar than SSBU + SSB 3DS. 

SSBU+SSB 3DS share same Line up, gameplay Mechanics.... SSBU has a shit ton of modes SSB 3DS doesn't have excluding Smash Run.

Im surprised yu dont know about any of this O.o (even if your not a ssb fan)

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

More polished =/= higher score. Also SSB > MK on meta, and why compare SSBU to MK8 when SSBU vs SSB 3ds is more logical for review purposes?

That said MK8 is definitely the best MK game and imo is a 90-91 so meta isnt far off. SSBU has alot of stuff your not giving credit for. 

Reviewers are stricter on games now than they were in 2008.

91 metacritic and probably 6-7 million global LTD. FW in America I'd say will be 1.2m

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Reviewers are stricter on games now than they were in 2008.

Yeah and??? Didn't stop some nintendo games and other notable ones from scoring well? FE:A example scored a 92 (highest FE)

Your free to check this out tommorow Night http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193126&page=1

96 metacritics, 1M sales in Us, same for europe. 500k for japan.

92 metacritic and 900k US FW.

88 meta, 1m

nice

mZuzek said:
RCTjunkie said:
Considering Mario Kart 8 had 1.2 million first week, 1.5 million isn't out of the question

Yes. But those 1.2 million were shipped+digital, whereas here we're talking specifically physical sold in the US.

Nintendo said "picked up the game" on Twitter, so I'm assuming that means sold, not shipped

I would be utterly shocked if it sells less than 1Million opening weekend