By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Sales for Smash Bros. Wii U

Tagged games:

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Reviewers are stricter on games now than they were in 2008.

Yeah and??? Didn't stop some nintendo games and other notable ones from scoring well? FE:A example scored a 92 (highest FE)

Your free to check this out tommorow Night http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193126&page=1

If MK8 gets an 88, Tropical Freeze gets an 83, and Pikmin 3 gets an 87, Smash U reaching the 90s in the same climate seems like a long shot. Certainly not impossible, but I'd give it about a 20-30% chance of surpassing 88.

Around the Network

89 meta 962K FW NA

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah and??? Didn't stop some nintendo games and other notable ones from scoring well? FE:A example scored a 92 (highest FE)

Your free to check this out tommorow Night http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193126&page=1

If MK8 gets an 88, Tropical Freeze gets an 83, and Pikmin 3 gets an 87, Smash U reaching the 90s in the same climate seems like a long shot. Certainly not impossible, but I'd give it about a 20-30% chance of surpassing 88.

Want to make a quick bet?  Since its only a 20/30% chance its in your favor. 90 or higher Metascore and i win, 89 or lower you win? Loser puts' "[Insert Winner's Name] was right, I should of known better than to Underestimate Him" for a week in sig?

RCTjunkie said:
mZuzek said:
RCTjunkie said:
Considering Mario Kart 8 had 1.2 million first week, 1.5 million isn't out of the question

Yes. But those 1.2 million were shipped+digital, whereas here we're talking specifically physical sold in the US.

Nintendo said "picked up the game" on Twitter, so I'm assuming that means sold, not shipped

I would be utterly shocked if it sells less than 1Million opening weekend

Number was shipped, US: 405k (with digital), Japan around 350k-370k FW.

Sometimes they announce sold, but that wasnt one. Trust me, as much as i would of wanted it to be (thoughit still did extremely well)

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

It's not even a bet, smash bros wiiu WILL be at 90% minimum. This game is so much hyped (and unlike destiny and others, it's a great game, with tons of things to do) and it's one of the best license on WiiU, it will get tons of 9 and 10/10 on the Us press.

Even sites who note actually lower than metacritics such as gamekult will give this game a 9 or 10...

The only bet is to know if it will be at 95 or not.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Want to make a quick bet?  Since its only a 20/30% chance its in your favor. 90 or higher Metascore and i win, 89 or lower you win? Loser puts' "[Insert Winner's Name] was right, I should of known better than to Underestimate Him" for a week in sig?

Sorry man, it's tempting, but I only take bets when I reckon I have a 90% of better chance of winning. Don't wanna lose my so far perfect winning streak. ;)

mZuzek said:

And Tropical Freeze was bashed to infinite amounts because of not being Metroid or something more "ambitious", though it still scored in somewhat typical DKC range.

DKCR got an 87 in 2010, but I'd say the consensus among gamers would be that Tropical Freeze is the better game, yet it scored 4 point lower. (I agree on the reason though, there was a lot of backlash regarding its lack of ambition)

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

And Tropical Freeze was bashed to infinite amounts because of not being Metroid or something more "ambitious", though it still scored in somewhat typical DKC range.

DKCR got an 87 in 2010, but I'd say the consensus among gamers would be that Tropical Freeze is the better game, yet it scored 4 point lower. (I agree on the reason though, there was a lot of backlash regarding its lack of ambition)

Backlash for lack of ambition, backlash for being more of the same, backlash for not being Metroid, and DKCR had the plus point of being the first DKC game in like forever. Tropical Freeze is obviously a FAR better game. Reviewers also take hype into consideration, and it's safe to say DKCTF simply didn't have it - while Smash for Wii U is easily the most hyped Nintendo game this year and only behind Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny overall. And it's safe to say it won't disappoint.

The hype could also count against it though; with hype comes sky-high expectations which raises the risk of points being docked for disappointment.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Backlash for lack of ambition, backlash for being more of the same, backlash for not being Metroid, and DKCR had the plus point of being the first DKC game in like forever. Tropical Freeze is obviously a FAR better game. Reviewers also take hype into consideration, and it's safe to say DKCTF simply didn't have it - while Smash for Wii U is easily the most hyped Nintendo game this year and only behind Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny overall. And it's safe to say it won't disappoint.

The hype could also count against it though; with hype comes sky-high expectations which raises the risk of points being docked for disappointment.

Yeah, but like he said, Smash bros is not Titanfall, watch dogs or destiny.

It will not disappoint , except maybe one or two Smash melee fags on forums. The 3ds version was nothing, this is the real Smash :cool:

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Bold. This isn't Destiny.
Though the game is extremely hyped, everyone knows what they're getting when they buy this game, so there is simply no room for disappointment - especially when it looks so vastly superior compared to 3DS or Brawl.

What if, as per Drive Club, Halo Master Chief Collection, or Smash 3DS, online startup problems dig into its scores? Even MK8 caught some flack for perceived shortcomings of  its online, like no chat betweens strangers, no option to invite friends to a lobby, no message notifications, etc. As a very multiplater-oriented game Smash U could find itself on the recieving end of similar complaints.