By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS prints money and so will Wii U this holiday...

eyeofcore said:
RolStoppable said:
"It prints money!" should only be used for things that generate significant profits. 3DS and Wii U do not qualify.

Nintendo in latest fiscal quarter had  bottom line 230M$ net income profit...

Around the Network
Train wreck said:

The Japanese central bank has put in a very favorable yen policy. ..can't see how they won't.  Also they are not making money by expanding their user base (evedent by profits with lower revenue) but rather milking it's utmost fans.

You seriously have a problem with nintendo lol. Aside from pokemon, no other franchise really has that many games coming out for the system. And nintendo supports 2. SSB comes out once every 6-7 years, good try though.

DerNebel said:
Is this another case of you looking at all the details and thus being unmistakenly right, while everybody else that doesn't agree with you just hasn't informed himself?

Neither the 3DS nor the Wii U are printing money.

But they are^

If they arent selling for a loss, they are printing money. The amount is another argument, but those 2 systems have huge $$$ makers this holiday and will allow Nintendo to make the most money of the big 3 (this quarter at least)

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
Is this another case of you looking at all the details and thus being unmistakenly right, while everybody else that doesn't agree with you just hasn't informed himself?

But they are^

They aren't.

Printing money = Easily making a ton of cash (as in profit)

The DS and Wii printed money, the 3DS and Wii U aren't even close to doing that.

Nintendo will post a nice profit this quarter and most likely post a profit for the fiscal year (Nintendo seem confident). Doesnt matter how they make it, profit= success.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

But they are^

They aren't.

The DS and Wii printed money, the 3DS and Wii U aren't even close to doing that.

Nobody is comparing DS/Wii to 3DS/WiiU. "Neither the 3DS nor the Wii U are printing money." but they are making a profit, thus making money for each one sold.

It doesn't matter if This gen is nowhere close to making money like last gen. We arent comparing the 2. Im talking now, like i said in my post you quoted (i edited it), during this Quarter, Nintendo should definitely make the most money this Quarter out of the big trio (talking Video Game department only)

The printer must have been jammed.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Not really. They are both barely making money.
You could say Pokemon prints money though...

Fusioncode said:
The printer must have been jammed.

Dont worry, By Nov 21st it'll be fixed and working better than ever :P

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

They aren't.

Nobody is comparing DS/Wii to 3DS/WiiU. "Neither the 3DS nor the Wii U are printing money." but they are making a profit, thus making money for each one sold.

It doesn't matter if This gen is nowhere close to making money like last gen. We arent comparing the 2. Im talking now, like i said in my post you quoted (i edited it), during this Quarter, Nintendo should definitely make the most money this Quarter out of the big trio (talking Video Game department only)

Well people should be comparing it, especially since this Meme was originally created for the DS/Wii, simply profitting does not constitute as printing money.

Also I really wouldn't bet on the bolded.

Edit: That reminds, while I was banned I remember seeing a thread on here saying that Nintendo profited more this last quarter than Sonys game division did, did anyone ever bother to point out that that thread was comparing operating income for Sony with net profit for Nintendo?