By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic games aren't always grey

Do you agree?

No 45 28.85%

Yes 111 71.15%

Total:156

Even with those pictures, realistic games still are too grey.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Black is also what you obtain by mixing all palette colours on the same degree...

...but we don't go around the world saying "absence of heat" when we feel cold, right? :P

We do not. But it doesn't make it untrue. "But there's black" is not a counter-argument to complaints about a lack of color. It is actually agreeing with the complaint.

the_dengle said:

We do not. But it doesn't make it untrue. "But there's black" is not a counter-argument to complaints about a lack of color. It is actually agreeing with the complaint.

But I see black. Maybe not pure black, as no human brain is able to process such thing (or lack of thereof), but I do see it.

Wright said:
the_dengle said:

But I see black. Maybe not pure black, as no human brain is able to process such thing (or lack of thereof), but I do see it.

I don't understand why you are so adamantly contesting the scientific fact that black is not a color. Take it up with someone else, I don't make the rules.

the_dengle said:

I don't understand why you are so adamantly contesting the scientific fact that black is not a color. Take it up with someone else, I don't make the rules.

Because I'm a Kafka disciple. Just because you show me the rules you blindly abide to, doesn't mean I have to agree to them.

If one day, two men dressed in black go to your house, ask you to go to the Court, and on the way there they murder you with a carving knife, don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Though, you could pretty much be one of those two men. After all, you're telling me to go take it up with someone else, yet you were the one that interacted with me. Did you eat my breakfast too, before asking me to go to Court? I won't. You will not be able to cut my throat. I'd rather become a cockroach and face my father's wrath.

By the way, I see black in the picture. Whether scientifically or not that isn't true, my primary school's lessons taught me that. So in essence, neither you or me are wrong.

Around the Network
Wright said:
the_dengle said:

Because I'm a Kafka disciple. Just because you show me the rules you blindly abide to, doesn't mean I have to agree to them.

If one day, two men dressed in black go to your house, ask you to go to the Court, and on the way there they murder you with a carving knife, don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Though, you could pretty much be one of those two men. After all, you're telling me to go take it up with someone else, yet you were the one that interacted with me. Did you eat my breakfast too, before asking me to go to Court? I won't. You will not be able to cut my throat. I'd rather become a cockroach and face my father's wrath.

By the way, I see black in the picture. Whether scientifically or not that isn't true, my primary school's lessons taught me that. So in essence, neither you or me are wrong.

what a mysterious reply

what is the point of any of this

Is it just me or does this thread seem like its mostly a bunch of people arguing against a position that doesn't actually exist? I don't think there is anyone who would seriously claim that "all realistic games are grey" so why are people acting like there is some sort of victory to be had by proving that illusory position wrong?

Very strange...very strange indeed

kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:

What agenda would that be? If you're referring to a pro-Nintendo agenda, I should point out that of the 7 platforms Resident Evil 4 is available on, only 2 are Nintendo platforms.

I'm very well aware of that.  Everyone knows why it was posted.  I'll just leave it at that. 

It was posted because it's my favourite game of all time and a prime example of the phenomenon I'm describing.

Is there some rule that games that have appeared on Nintendo platforms are barred from this discussion? That seems rather arbitrary.

But heck, I could provide others:

Omg! Nintendo fans think that all the games need to be cartoony full of rainbows and smile faces. Real life has color too, they should go out more often /s.

Going off topic... how terrible are these images from watch dogs, don't look even close from their first reveal. totally outdated

We reap what we sow

the_dengle said:

what a mysterious reply

what is the point of any of this

If I see a black car, and someone ask me what colour is it, I generally say "black", instead of "that car shows absence of colour". I say generally because at times I've said yellow cars are blue.