By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic games aren't always grey

Do you agree?

No 45 28.85%

Yes 111 71.15%

Total:156
Wright said:
RolStoppable said:

The point was that black is not a rebuttal to the accusation of being gray, because black is a very, very, very dark shade of gray, after all.

The thing is, me pointing out the colours I see isn't a rebuttal to anything. It's me pointing out the colours I see.

You did not point out a color you saw. You pointed out a distinct lack of color which you noticed.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

You did not point out a color you saw. You pointed out a distinct lack of color which you noticed.

If I post you a picture that shows a black car, and I ask you what colour the car is, wouldn't you say "black"?

Wright said:
the_dengle said:

If I post you a picture that shows a black car, and I ask you what colour the car is, wouldn't you say "black"?

If I asked you what time the sun will come up, wouldn't you say dawn?

the_dengle said:

This is the second time you've dodged the question.

Wright said:
the_dengle said:

I would indeed say the car is black. And black by definition means the absence of color. Therefore I would be telling you that the car does not absorb color, and you might say it has a severe color defficiency. But that all makes for rather bland conversation, so I wouldn't go into so much detail. I would just tell you that the car is black.

If you ask me what time the sun comes up, I will not correct you and point out that the sun doesn't go up or down, it is merely an illusion caused by the rotation of the Earth which we cannot perceive from our position on the Earth looking out into space. That wouldn't answer your question. I would ignore the semantics of the situation and tell you what time dawn will occur.

If you are talking about the effect of gravity and suggest that dusk is caused by the Earth pulling the sun below the horizon, I will definitely correct you. We are not talking about cars, we are talking about colors.

Around the Network
Wright said:
the_dengle said:

You guys are drifting quite a ways off topic.

the_dengle said:

I would indeed say the car is black.

Then if someone says "I'm not sure I've ever seen a game that is only grey/brown, no idea what those people are talking about" and another dude says "How about this" and post a photo, and I look at it and see several colours, I point them out.

Black included.

curl-6 said:

"The colors used by the game shown in this picture are limited to greys and browns."

"But there is also black."

"That's not a color."

"NUH UH"

Wright said:

I look at it and see several colours

Black included.

You keep using that word. It does not mean what you think it means.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

"The colors used by the game shown in this picture are limited to greys and browns."

"But there is also black."

"That's not a color."

"NUH UH"

"What colour is this car?"

"I would indeed say the car is black."