By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic games aren't always grey

Do you agree?

No 45 28.85%

Yes 111 71.15%

Total:156

I would say that for some people if the game isn't made of primary colours they would screem it is too brownish/greyish. RL most of times we deal exactly with this when leaving in a city bar during dusk/dawn.
Best is see someone say black isn't a color because it doesn't absorb all Light.
In fact the black we see in real life is a colour precisely because we are it (altough not true black). Since black would be the complete absence of visible light reflection the only true black comes from black hole that sucks all light. And being humans eye structure made to see light/reflection of it we can't truly see true black, Just what is around it and by not seeing the black say it's there.

The same for geometry, you can't draw a straight line or a true circle. You can make a representation of them. The geometry definition is purely theoretical because you can't really draw them.

But yeah keep discussing "semanthics" while not knowing what you are talking about.

Do you know what colour is a heated black caveat?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Maybe it's easier to make a realistic grey/brown game because you don't have to worry about the colours not looking right.

curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:

What agenda would that be? If you're referring to a pro-Nintendo agenda, I should point out that of the 7 platforms Resident Evil 4 is available on, only 2 are Nintendo platforms.

I'm very well aware of that.  Everyone knows why it was posted.  I'll just leave it at that. 

It was posted because it's my favourite game of all time and a prime example of the phenomenon I'm describing.

Is there some rule that games that have appeared on Nintendo platforms are barred from this discussion? That seems rather arbitrary.

But heck, I could provide others:

Dude, what the hell is this pic? I mean, it looks too low res for a PS2 game, but too detailed for a PS1 game. I can't make it out at all.

Anyways, its one f the few realistic game that is mostly greyish, but it doesn't represent the majority of realistic games.

Guess this thread was just made because of that Mario Kart visuals thread.
If you want others to not exaggerate you shouldn't yourself. I could analyze the pictures in the OP now and show that the major parts of them are grey/brown (sky and trees definitely look different when I check the window - of course, there is dusk/dawn and rainy days and shadows in our world but far less than in effect-fest games) but it wouldn't do anything but make people create even more threads about their "taste" and how others don't see the ultimate truth.

GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:

What agenda would that be? If you're referring to a pro-Nintendo agenda, I should point out that of the 7 platforms Resident Evil 4 is available on, only 2 are Nintendo platforms.

I'm very well aware of that.  Everyone knows why it was posted.  I'll just leave it at that. 

It was posted because it's my favourite game of all time and a prime example of the phenomenon I'm describing.

Is there some rule that games that have appeared on Nintendo platforms are barred from this discussion? That seems rather arbitrary.

Dude, what the hell is this pic? I mean, it looks too low res for a PS2 game, but too detailed for a PS1 game. I can't make it out at all.

Something tells me its been a while since you played PS2 then. ;)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:

Something tells me its been a while since you played PS2 then. ;)

Yeah of course, last time I played a PS2 game was in 2008, that too one of its best-looking games (God Of War).

Still dude, that's not how PS2 games look, as I still play sometimes on my PSP and its games look much better than this.

GTAexpert said:

Yeah of course, last time I played a PS2 game was in 2008, that too one of its best-looking games (God Of War).

Still dude, that's not how PS2 games look, as I still play sometimes on my PSP and its games look much better than this.

This is what a AAA "grey and brown" game looks like on PS2:

Bit of a difference:

curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:

Bit of a difference:

Atleast I can make out that the "grey and brown" game above is Killzone. Still don't know what the hell the pic below it is about.

GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:

Bit of a difference:

Atleast I can make out that the "grey and brown" game above is Killzone. Still don't know what the hell the pic below it is about.

So you are speaking from a purely artistic standpoint?

curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:

Bit of a difference:

So you are speaking from a purely artistic standpoint?

Are you being serious, or are you just playing with me? Nobody can make out the pic below the Killzone one, unless he knows the source. Its way too pixelated.