Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic games aren't always grey

Do you agree?

No 45 28.85%

Yes 111 71.15%

Total:156
GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:

Atleast I can make out that the "grey and brown" game above is Killzone. Still don't know what the hell the pic below it is about.

So you are speaking from a purely artistic standpoint?

Are you being serious, or are you just playing with me? Nobody can make out the pic below the Killzone one, unless he knows the source. Its way too pixelated.

I can make it out just fine. It's 720p, so technically the 480p Killzone pic is more "pixelated". What I think you mean is that you find its aesthetic presentation harder to make out.

Around the Network

Ah wait, the page has reloaded for me and its now pixelated for some reason. Up until now my screen was showing a 720p screen. Let me fix...

Better?

curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:

Are you being serious, or are you just playing with me? Nobody can make out the pic below the Killzone one, unless he knows the source. Its way too pixelated.

I can make it out just fine. It's 720p, so technically the 480p Killzone pic is more "pixelated". What I think you mean is that you find its aesthetic presentation harder to make out.

No, the GoW2-picture is not 720p, it is a 200x113-thumbnail, so even a much smaller resolution than PS1:

Here is a better version:

And that game had quite a range of colors:

Conina said:
curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:

No, the GoW2-picture is not 720p, it is a 200x113-thumbnail, so even a much smaller resolution than PS1:

Here is a better version:

And that game had quite a range of colors:

Up until a few minutes ago the pic you posted was what was coming up on my screen. Weird.

And while I like GoW2's visual style, that pic is certainly not what I would call a range of colours.

Definitly. Not all realistic looking games look brown/grey, but most do.

This is a discussion coming from how varied and colorful MK8 graphics are. Not quite sure why it needed its own thread.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Definitly. Not all realistic looking games look brown/grey, but most do.

This is a discussion coming from how varied and colorful MK8 graphics are. Not quite sure why it needed its own thread.

Your insistence that Driveclub and FH2 were grey made me do it, though you weren't the only one saying this.

I posted pics from both the games you called grey, and the only thing which is grey in them are the clouds, the roads and the occasional grey paint on a car.

That argument usually only comes up for war-oriented games, or games that have a more bleak atmosphere/ setting. Killzone 2 was a perfect example. The color pallet seemed so limited because the planet Helghan was just such a dreary, dark, and polluted place that a grey/ black color scheme only made sense. Same applies to Gears 3 with it's mostly brown color scheme. Honestly I think people who care about color schemes are stupid. Jut play the damn game. If you want vivid color, go outside.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Ka-pi96 said:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a game that is only grey/brown, no idea what those people are talking about.

This joke was born almost twenty years ago to mock Quake I and II, that actually were quite a lot grey and brown. Contemporary and previous FPS like Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem 3D  were very colourful, OTOH, and more enjoyable and better overall too, once the awe for Quake's graphical advances faded away.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Real life is full of gray color

HollyGamer said:
Real life is full of gray color

And crimson.