By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Gets a 4.3 on IGN

Sigh...Sonic isn't the problem, well he kinda is, but he's not the one who made the game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Looks like both games have scored lower than Sonic '06 on IGN.

Wow.

NNID: TheCCluc

A 4.3 from IGN and a 2/10 from GS... Yup... That's all I have to say.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So this inspired me to go to Metacritic;

Sonic '06 has a 46 on XBox 360 and a 43 on PS3.

This game so far has a;
With this update;
For an average of 39

While the 3DS version so far has a;
For an average of 40

I think we're going to have a new king!

lord_of_flood said:

Looks like both games have scored lower than Sonic '06 on IGN.

Wow.

Sonic 06 wasn't even that bad.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
It's 0.3 points higher than the 3DS game! Who'd have thought that.

WOOHOO! They're making improvements.

Originally I wasn't going to buy this but now I'm kinda intrigued and want to compare this to Sonic '06. Might get it after Christmas.

Mystro-Sama said:
S.Peelman said:
It's 0.3 points higher than the 3DS game! Who'd have thought that.

WOOHOO! They're making improvements.

19 more games and you can play a Sanic masterpiece.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Its hard to be surprised. The game from what i've seen so far is completely broken, and figuratively reeks of it being a rush job that was pushed out the door way too early. That, and it seems that rather than re-invent Sonic like they claimed, they've just ripped off a lot of ideas in previous Sonic games that weren't well received.

- The long fight sequences are reminiscent of the awful Werehog levels in Sonic Unleashed.
- The exploration levels are a descendant of the world maps in Sonic Adventure, only much slower going.
- Unable to get up much speed before running into a wall or battle is reminiscent of Sonic Heroes' level design.
- Using laser guns is like the usable firearms in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Personally I feel the game deserves a 2 or a 4 due to them deciding to copy from the wrong previous games. If anyone from SEGA is reading this, i'll point out now that the ultimate 3D Sonic games are Sonic Adventure 1&2 and Sonic Generations, simply because the stages were built like Rollercoaster tracks, allowing Sonic to show off the speed he's famous for.

Flash Sentry's #1 Fan (unofficially).

So it's almost average?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988