By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Gets a 4.3 on IGN

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Literally lower than 06

Probably because Sonic 06 enters the category of 'so bad it's good', while this game doesn't have that charm.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

OH, SANIC IS BACK AT IT AGAIN! Honestly, Sonic was my freaking childhood, SEGA, please end his suffering. This isn't even funny anymore, a this point you're just dissecting his corpse and selling its putrid organs to brainless zombies that have the image of Sanic brainwashed into the cores of their brains. Plz stahp.

I'm now filled with determination.

Timeline:

- Sega hits the bottom of the well with Sonic 06
- Things start improving: people hate the Werehog in Unleashed, but the daytime stages are great fun
- Sonic 4 is all sorts of bland
- Sonic Colors comes out and breaks the so-called "Sonic Cycle"
- Generations is a love letter to the fans. Best Sonic game in YEARS.
- Lost World has mixed feelings, but hey - it's still not a "bad" game per say. It's colorful, has nice aesthetics and some people love it
- Sega FUCKS IT UP AGAIN WITH SONIC BOOM

How the fuck do you GO BACK to the bottom of the well after (apparently) rising from it...?

PenguinZ said:
SirFortesque said:
Most "Nintendo consoles only" Sonic games are terrible, I honestly don't believe this is a coincidence.

This statement is actually false...  Sonic Colors for Wii and DS and Sonic Rush also comes to mind for the DS. Those respectively are some of the highest rated Sonic games in the past decade. Of course Sonic Generations was released for PC, Xbox, and PS3... though I'd still give the edge to Colors.

Actually, the DS is a handheld not a console, and not being games that Sega had to make because of a contract with Nintendo, they doesn't count in my theory... Sonic Advance series on GBA was also pretty good anyway.

Anyway okay, they're not "terrible", but sure most (not all) of them were not that awesome, they were games that felt (at least to me) designed to be just "enjoyable", with the exception of Colors.

it's not a coincidence that the only game that really showed up the potential of a good Sonic game in modern days is Generations (PS3/360) in my opinion, and I honestly think that Sonic 2006 for PS3/360, even if it was unfinished, frustrating and sometimes even embarrassing, was way more ambicious that most of the exclusive Sonic games released for Wii and Wii U.... and Sonic Unleashed is pretty much the main game that gave us a clear vision of how "Modern Sonic" levels should look like (even if Night levels were really boring), and that one was available for all consoles.

I think just that Sega care a lot more about releasing good multiplatform games instead of making good exclusives for Nintendo, that's it.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Slarvax said:
So it's almost average?

No, it's almost mediorce. Review scores are not statisical averages.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

NNintendo, greatness awaits you as third party publisher.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
lord_of_flood said:

Looks like both games have scored lower than Sonic '06 on IGN.

Wow.

Sonic 06 wasn't even that bad.

Sonic 06 was actually THAT bad.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GOAT

Well Im not getting this game after all. It just seems to be unfinished in every way. This is one of the games that could have stayed japan only instead of good Sega games...

Sega just rushed, due to Super Smash Bros Wii U release time...

I don't know why Sega was worry about the sale, should've delayed further or early 2015.

Yep.