By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U sell over 1 million in NPD Nov+Dec?

image hasn't loaded, but if that's the 'leaked' box art for smash bundle it was confirmed fake. some gaffer mocked it up to show what it should look like.

Around the Network

I don't see any reason why it couldn't. In fact, I'd say it'd be bad for Nintendo if they couldn't sell a million consoles in Nov/Dec. It's the the holiday season after all. It'd be funny if the original Wii outsold the Wii U though.

I think it will

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Yes it should. I hope for lots of sales though.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Yes.

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:
megafenix said:
soony_xbone_U said:
megafenix said:

well, who knows, they say super smash bros is having more preorders than mario kart, so i guess it should boost harwdare sales equal or more than what mario kart was able to. We dont have conrete numbers but according to nintendo harwdare sales are being 47% higher than loast year and software sales are 84% higher

I ask again. Does SSB have a bundle, too like MK?
If so, this thoughts are not far from realtiy. But if SSB dont have a hardware bundle, this can go very different.

why wouldnt they have a bundle knowing that is a game as important for the boost of hardware sales as mario kart?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7192823/best-buys-black-friday-deal-includes-wii-u-super-smash-bros-bundle

Thank you!
Finally.

I'm not that up to date on any WiiU and Nintendo stuff.

That bundle is fake.

I hope so, but I think it will all depends on sales and promotions.

I think it will since smash will have an equal opening to 3ds or a 1 million opening who knows(if it has a 1 million opening expect some good na numbers)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Nintendo is in profit protect mode with Wii U. That means they will not engage in any price cuts and things of that nature, because it just limits their profit.

They will not bleed any more money than they have to with Wii U.

That also means that brand new games like Smash are not going to be bundled with the system. Nintendo will wait at least 6-8 months until they have sold a couple of million copies at least at the full retail price before bundling it with the system.

Nintendo knows the Wii U is a dud internally, they know it's not going to sell much more than 20 million if that. They are changing their strategy now to not drop the price or engage in gifting away brand new games for free with the console. Sony and MS may do that, but Nintendo won't. 

If you're only going to sell a small number of systems, you may as well maximize the profit.

The focus for the rest of this gen for Nintendo is basically just treading water and getting out with some smaller profit fiscal years at least, not "saving the Wii U". Nintendo will regroup after this gen and probably do a lot of soul searching for but now, they just have to weather this sh*t storm. 

I'm sure a lot of people is waiting for the WiiU+Smash bundle. If Nintendo makes it, sure.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.