By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U sell over 1 million in NPD Nov+Dec?

I hope it will do about 1.5 million in Nov and Dec, but I dont think they can do it.
There is Smash, but I am expecting 1.0-1.1 million only, even though WiiU - in my opinion - deserves so much more.
It will be a tough race to 10million and maybe not even reached this year.

When I think back to Dec 2009 when Wii alone in the US sold about 3.8 Million or so - that was freaking crazy - these numbers we are expecting now and which were pretty good, make me a bit sad.
If WiiU does 1Mio, i wonder what XBone and PS4 will do ... -.- ...

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Nintendo is in profit protect mode with Wii U. That means they will not engage in any price cuts and things of that nature, because it just limits their profit.

They will not bleed any more money than they have to with Wii U.

That also means that brand new games like Smash are not going to be bundled with the system. Nintendo will wait at least 6-8 months until they have sold a couple of million copies at least at the full retail price before bundling it with the system.

Nintendo knows the Wii U is a dud internally, they know it's not going to sell much more than 20 million if that. They are changing their strategy now to not drop the price or engage in gifting away brand new games for free with the console. Sony and MS may do that, but Nintendo won't. 

If you're only going to sell a small number of systems, you may as well maximize the profit.

The focus for the rest of this gen for Nintendo is basically just treading water and getting out with some smaller profit fiscal years at least, not "saving the Wii U". Nintendo will regroup after this gen and probably do a lot of soul searching for but now, they just have to weather this sh*t storm. 

So............do u think they will sell 1 million in NPD Nov+Dec? U kinda went on a rant that doesn't apply to the thread lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This is hard, Smash is here, so I say 900K

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

preorders have been higher than mario kart, plus we are talking about a game for christmas which gives even more adventage, so i would say 3 to 4 million

as for hardware sales i would give it 1.5 million

It will be close, though I think just under, so I guess 900k