By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I guess October Sales doesn't matter

Is company PR full of crap?

Always 45 56.25%

Never 5 6.25%

Only from the company I don't like 16 20.00%

November and December are... 14 17.50%

Total:80

During summer PR talk when asked why they weren't releasing numbers anymore MS said summer sales are so slow (with one month equating a Holiday week) that it wasn't important.

That left us thinking we would see something for September or at least October.

since they haven't said the numbers but put out some spintastic PR about shipments and november first 2 weeks can we conclude october doesn't matter as well?

can we take the PR unrelated to NPD as a sign of bad sales for the month (or at least really smaller than Ps4)???

when will sales matter again? When they are big enough, above ps4 or at smaller gap? Or as some members here said, perhaps never?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Sales matter right now. Xbox One has outsold PS4 for two whole weeks in an entire country

celador said:
Sales matter right now. Xbox One has outsold PS4 for two whole weeks in an entire country

But we don't have numbers to assess the bloodbath.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Outselling your competitors for two weeks doesn't mean a whole lot. It's the holiday season that's going to be the test though. I hope everyone has good bundles and deals for then. The games themselves look okay, but neither XBO nor PS4 seem to have a killer exclusive, which they make up for it in the third parties so that's okay.

Sales matter to MS when they can come out and say they won. Just look at what they did with being the best selling console for 2 weeks lol.They are already screaming that to the roof.

If/when they win the november NPD, just wait till you see the field day MS PR is going to have with it. You will think they have won the entire generation. Then if they lose the december NPD, watch them go silent again or blame supply issues after their great november.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Sales matter to MS when they can come out and say they won. Just look at what they did with being the best selling console for 2 weeks lol.They are already screaming that to the roof.

If/when they win the november NPD, just wait till you see the field day MS PR is going to have with it. You will think they have won the entire generation. Then if they lose the december NPD, watch them go silent again or blame supply issues after their great november.

Lol wow so they won two weeks. They got their ass raped hard all year by ps4. By January they'll go right back to being raped for another year till halo 5 comes out next year. And by then Sony will be leading them by 10-15 million consoles ww. So let them gloat for now while they got the chance cause it won't come around again for awhile :)

It will matter again once they beat PS4 in one region. They'll sing it to the heavens. Only the months they win (in one region) count apparently.

Thanks jlmurph!

celador said:

Not just any Country mofo! Its THE country.

Globally.

mibuokami said:
celador said:

Globally.

China :D

tiffac said:
mibuokami said:
celador said:

Globally.

China :D

Sorruuu! but China doesn't cut it.

Even the almighty communism cannot beat Globally in the USA.

That's a fact.