Never 5 6.25%

Only from the company I don't like 16 20.00%

November and December are... 14 17.50%

Total:80
mibuokami said:
tiffac said:
mibuokami said:
celador said:
Sales matter right now. Xbox One has outsold PS4 for two whole weeks in an entire country

Not just any Country mofo! Its THE country.

Globally.

China :D

Sorruuu! but China doesn't cut it.

Even the almighty communism cannot beat Globally in the USA.

That's a fact.

But its the only country that the X1 has a comfortable lead on the PS4 like hundreds of thousands to zero! :3

Around the Network

Phil spencer : "THE REAL BATTLE BEGIN IN SEPTEMBER !!!"

September and october, comments from microsoft Pr :

"Everything is alright, trust us"

Intrinsic said:
Sales matter to MS when they can come out and say they won. Just look at what they did with being the best selling console for 2 weeks lol.They are already screaming that to the roof.

If/when they win the november NPD, just wait till you see the field day MS PR is going to have with it. You will think they have won the entire generation. Then if they lose the december NPD, watch them go silent again or blame supply issues after their great november.

They will certainly thow a parade for 1 week in December celebrating their November sales... even if they don't win they will put big numbers, how much it boosted October and how better than X360 it sold... but certainly if they sell more than PS4 they will surely commemorate a lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LivingMetal said:
Just remember that if you have bought/will buy an Xbox One console during a month when PS4 sales have been/will be greater, you do NOT matter. You ONLY matter if you have acquired one during a month when the Xbox One has outsold the PS4. That means so far not a single Xbox One consumer mattered to Microsoft. That's what you're condoning when you tote the "party line."

Well by MS metrics X1 just sold 3.5M of meaning units so far... the other 3M are for peasants that doesn't matter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Landguy said:

The only reason M$ called it temporary is so that retailers can say in advertising that the unit is "on sale" for $349.  It's just a marketing ploy to create a sense of urgency in buyers and just to make people think they are receiving a good deal.  So, the winning will likely return for the PS4, but i doubt the "raping" will.  Worldwide = "raping" though...

I don't think the XB1 was ever really being "raped" in NA/UK. They were losing respectfully. Some months were worse than others but its nothing like the 7:1 sales you see in other territories. 

The problem MS has though is two fold. PS4s global 2:1 advantage comes from selling just as wel or slightly more than the XB1 in NA/Uk and totally dominating the XB1 everywhere else. And I don't see that changing. Secondly, what most people fail to realize, is that this is best chance the XB1 is going to get to beat the PS4. Since May/june you could get an XB1 for less than you could get a PS4 even though it was officially priced at $399. I think come next year things will get worse for the XB1.

Sony also has a strangely unique strategy. Something that I think MS has done in Oct/Nov too. Sony usually has an exclusive game coming out at or around the same time with any major multiplat game. Eg next year you have witcher and evolve sharing release windows with the order and bloodborne. For neutrals, stuff like that helps push them in one direction if the otehr most talked baout game at that time just happens to be an exclusive.

Around the Network
tiffac said:

But its the only country that the X1 has a comfortable lead on the PS4 like hundreds of thousands to zero! :3

Well what if all those numer and a 0. in front of them??? Huh? What then? That's right BBQ!!!

mibuokami said:
tiffac said:

Well what if all those numer and a 0. in front of them??? Huh? What then? That's right BBQ!!!

Whattttttt?

Landguy said:

Wow, lots of hate in you...

Comparing 2014 to 2015 will be a lot harder than you think.  2014 had the entry point for the XB1 $100 above the PS4.  Also, the hype train was in overdrive for the PS4.  2015 will have the XB1 at an entry point on par or probably $50 below the PS4.  That alone will stop the gap from being as excessive as it was all for the first 9 months of 2014.  Add to the fact the the XB1 is in more countries all year in 2015 and you have a much closer result.  

With that said, I agree that the PS4 will outsell the XB1 for the first 8-9 months of 2015.  it just won't be the "raping" that you seem to hope to see.

Only Microsoft thought bundling the kinect at expense of userbase was a good idea. They realized  their arrogance in july and price cut to try and stay competitive. But across the board they had to drop the main sku price another 50$ to outsell the PS4.

People like to talk about the Hype train but they don't actually understand what it is or was. The hype for PS4 was in its launch, same for the XB1 that's why they both sold 3million+ 2013. After that it was selling on popularity, the same albiet diluted reason the Wii sold so well over its short life time as well. If anything was hyped, it was the XB1.

The XB1 has no chance outside of the US, MS's holiday price cut is in the U.S and as this year has shown XB1 is not competitive against the PS4 at price parity in the US, so there is no hope of even coming close outside of this country.

XB1 is having sub 1k weeks in Japan man.

We also have no idea if the 350$ price cut works outside US.

US and maybe UK are the only places where XB1 can hope to compete. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank