By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yeah I Believe The XB1 WILL Beat PS4 For December NPD Also

Who will win December NPD

XB1 137 26.92%

PS4 372 73.08%

Total:509
torok said:
soony_xbone_U said:

We know the PS4 Bundles: 399$  GTA V + TLOFU and 399$ LEGO Batman + Little Big Planet 3
vs 329$ Xbox One Bundles. That won't be enough to win November

We know what's announced. Two weeks before the price cut for X1 we didn't knew anything. They could just cut the price of the bundles. I'm not saying that X1 will not beat PS4 for November and December, I'm just saying that we can't affirm we won't have a better bundle or price cut to match it.

I don't think Sony going all in and cut the bundles to 349.
But ur right. That could happen. Its easy to change that promotion and print a new flyer.
But if the do, it all depends on supply how much they will sell. that PS4 bundles for 349 would be killer, yes. The have to stuff every bigger retailer with thousends

Around the Network

A couple of important things to look at. Even though the X1 sold very well it didn't hurt PS4 sales. PS4 averages well into the 100ks in the US and still sold over 150K that week. Sony did nothing while MS made a lot of drastic moves with bundles and price cuts and still only outsold the PS4 by less than 150k, which is still a good number but definitely not impossible for Sony to overcome. They haven't released their bundles yet or even announced what their holiday deals will be so it is highly likely we will see a large spike in PS4 sales like the X1 had. Also despite selling almost 300k in America alone the X1 still couldn't top the PS4 for a single week which is a strong sign that PS4 will dominate WW this whole gen. So far the numbers we have seen are nowhere near close enough to close the over 1 million gap in the US that everyone predicted and despite what Phil Spencer (I hate that man) said winning the holidays is not all that matters. If you get dominated the entire year and manage to win by a relatively small margin in November and December that is not a victory. I'm no where near convinced the X1 will win December when its not even sure it will win November yet.

soony_xbone_U said:
torok said:
BHR-3 said:

MS has spoken with the $50 cut, Halo MCC, multiple bundles, and November NPD win the choice is clear for Dec. the choice is XB1

We should wait a bit. A killer bundle in the BF could just give a November win for Sony with the right pricing.

We know the PS4 Bundles: 399$  GTA V + TLOFU and 399$ LEGO Batman + Little Big Planet 3
vs 329$ Xbox One Bundles. That won't be enough to win November

Gta5+Tlou not enough ? Surely you're joking, even if it cost a little more than the Xone pack, it will sell a LOT. Both can win november, we will only know the result in one month.

And let's not forget Gta5 and far cry 4 exclusive marketing, it help too, as it already did on others multi, such as destiny for ps4 or COD for one.

Nah PS4 will be winning both November and December, they have Far Cry 4, GTA V marketing, LBP3 is packed with content. If you look at the Amazon US wishlist PS4 is at the top and has been for some time: http://www.amazon.com/gp/most-wished-for/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_mw/180-7667940-6271003

PS4 is still the Amazon best seller of 2014 console, sitting at number 4 behind 3 different values of PSN gifts cards:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

GTA V on PS4 is currently topping the Video Game releases at number 1:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/videogames/ref=zg_bsms_tab_t_bsnr

PS4 is at the number two for gift ideas:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/most-gifted/videogames/ref=zg_bsnr_tab_t_mg

Obviously that's all right now, but Sony aren't going to ship small amounts of stock compared to last year, they'll have loads of stock on the shelves, December will reflect the most wished for system, same goes for November, with people buying the gifts their loved ones want and since the most wished for is PS4 that's what the sales will reflect.

The charts I've referenced are the ones that remain a constant, not charts only based around the sales of that hour, which is unimportant to the long term preferences people have.
The effect of the XB1 price drop will be short lived, as has been the case with every major adjustment Microsoft has tried to make throughout the year.

The holiday months are a reflection of the year's sales demands.

Seems like many people are overlooking the fact that COD and SO weeks were not straight week to week comparisions. Just like the Destiny week, COD week and SO week had people preordering XBO's weeks in advance, in addition COD week saw the start of the $349 promotion.

Those two weeks had massive inflation which has quickly tapered off, and will continue to loose steam going forward.

Like I said, the ball never even left Sony's court, and now they are on a full on power play starting November 18th, followed by Black Friday, and wrapped up with the PSE December 6 and 7.

It is very possible that MS could win this on price alone. This is America we are talking about. But, lets not let inflated numbers cloud our judgement.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

JustBeingReal it already lost November bro, and it will lose December as well, hell I am pretty sure it will lose even January

not looking good here in the early stages of the month as seen by online retailers rankings

my beliefs are that the XB1 outsold it for week ending the 5th by 60-100k

Play Me

The odd thing is, initially I had figured Sony would win because it seemed logical that Black Friday was just going to be the starting point for their bundles, i.e. they'd continue to sell them and keep them well stocked throughout the holidays. But judging from Amazon, at least, they don't really seem interested IN trying to compete for holiday sales in the U.S.. o.O They can't even keep the ones they had on Amazon stocked, let alone mix it up a little. Don't know whether it's that they're literally in such dire straits they'd rather profit now on the sales than take even a small hit to compete properly, or if just doing well in the U.S. is enough for them, but again, they don't really seem to be giving it their A-game, especially compared to Microsoft's 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' approach.

So yeah, if it turns out that Sony is essentially counting on selling their consoles full priced and without free games, Microsoft is pretty likely to win December, barring some gigantic change this weekend. xP Very puzzling.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:
The odd thing is, initially I had figured Sony would win because it seemed logical that Black Friday was just going to be the starting point for their bundles, i.e. they'd continue to sell them and keep them well stocked throughout the holidays. But judging from Amazon, at least, they don't really seem interested IN trying to compete for holiday sales in the U.S.. o.O They can't even keep the ones they had on Amazon stocked, let alone mix it up a little. Don't know whether it's that they're literally in such dire straits they'd rather profit now on the sales than take even a small hit to compete properly, or if just doing well in the U.S. is enough for them, but again, they don't really seem to be giving it their A-game, especially compared to Microsoft's 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' approach.

So yeah, if it turns out that Sony is essentially counting on selling their consoles full priced and without free games, Microsoft is pretty likely to win December, barring some gigantic change this weekend. xP Very puzzling.

Rather than an issue of profits, it could be just shipping.  They may be shipping a lot more units outside of the US because other regions are boosted more in December than November, and Sony already sold more PS4s than MS sold XB1s in November if the estimates are correct.

Everyone is wanting to buy the bundle now instead of the regular console, so while the regular SKU is in stock it's not selling as well as it was before the bundle release.

My 8th gen collection

Zanten said:

as far as i can remember they never offered alot of value in NA compared to MS, EU is a different story they got way more great bundles throughout last gen

im sure even if the gta5 tlou bundle was 430 it still would still like hot cakes way after BF had there been more made

Play Me