By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yeah I Believe The XB1 WILL Beat PS4 For December NPD Also

Who will win December NPD

XB1 137 26.92%

PS4 372 73.08%

Total:509
ICStats said:
Zanten said:
The odd thing is, initially I had figured Sony would win because it seemed logical that Black Friday was just going to be the starting point for their bundles, i.e. they'd continue to sell them and keep them well stocked throughout the holidays. But judging from Amazon, at least, they don't really seem interested IN trying to compete for holiday sales in the U.S.. o.O They can't even keep the ones they had on Amazon stocked, let alone mix it up a little. Don't know whether it's that they're literally in such dire straits they'd rather profit now on the sales than take even a small hit to compete properly, or if just doing well in the U.S. is enough for them, but again, they don't really seem to be giving it their A-game, especially compared to Microsoft's 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' approach.

So yeah, if it turns out that Sony is essentially counting on selling their consoles full priced and without free games, Microsoft is pretty likely to win December, barring some gigantic change this weekend. xP Very puzzling.

Rather than an issue of profits, it could be just shipping.  Everyone is wanting to buy the bundle now instead of the regular console, so while the regular SKU is in stock it's not selling as well as it was before the bundle release.

True. And on the flip side, even as the U.S. gap presumably grows smaller, the global gap is just continuing to widen, so it could be that Sony isn't exactly feeling compelled to hit the panic button just yet. xP EXTREMELY curious about how the PSX is going to go, though, in no small part because of the No Man's Sky segment. =D

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network

XB1 seems to have tons of stock now. All 20 Targets near me have XB1 ACU bundles in stock.

My 8th gen collection

BHR-3 said:
Zanten said:
The odd thing is, initially I had figured Sony would win because it seemed logical that Black Friday was just going to be the starting point for their bundles, i.e. they'd continue to sell them and keep them well stocked throughout the holidays. But judging from Amazon, at least, they don't really seem interested IN trying to compete for holiday sales in the U.S.. o.O They can't even keep the ones they had on Amazon stocked, let alone mix it up a little. Don't know whether it's that they're literally in such dire straits they'd rather profit now on the sales than take even a small hit to compete properly, or if just doing well in the U.S. is enough for them, but again, they don't really seem to be giving it their A-game, especially compared to Microsoft's 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' approach.

So yeah, if it turns out that Sony is essentially counting on selling their consoles full priced and without free games, Microsoft is pretty likely to win December, barring some gigantic change this weekend. xP Very puzzling.

as far as i can remember they never offered alot of value in NA compared to MS, EU is a different story they got way more great bundles throughout last gen

im sure even if the gta5 tlou bundle was 430 it still would still like hot cakes way after BF had there been more made

That's true. In any case, it is good to see Microsoft making up some lost ground; while I'm not necessarily of the mind that all consoles need to have equal sales to keep one from getting arrogant, I don't want Sony to win ALL the time. xP Especially in a situation like this, where one side's throwing in substantially more cuts/bundles than the other. If the PS4 had still won November despite EVERYTHING Microsoft did, likely would have been like a big signal in the sky saying; "Yeah, we pretty much got this market on lock." =P

Especially now that I am the happy owner of a PS4. :3 I want Sony to feel compelled to work for my monies! WORK FOR DEM!

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

All is not lost, since GameStop has the best online PS4 deal and it's in stock http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-500gb-system-bf-bundle-with-gta-v-and-the-last-of-us-remastered-with-free-camera/119084 .

Bestbuy also seems to have received PS4 bundles again.

Plus PS4 is going to sell 12,300 anniversary consoles

My 8th gen collection

Baring in mind that the PS4 has been selling a hell off a lot more consoles than the XB1, isn't it likely that MS had more stock to sell than Sony? I simply think that Sony have sold what they can produce while MS sold what they can produce + what they couldn't sell previous to that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It'll be close, and it'll certainly kill the PS4 in the USA, but I think PS4 ekes it out world wide.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

It'll be close, and it'll certainly kill the PS4 in the USA, but I think PS4 ekes it out world wide.

I'm assuming you mean just for November and maybe December?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
VanceIX said:

I'm assuming you mean just for November and maybe December?

Yes. Lifetime PS4 will have a decent (not big, but decent) lead over the Xbox One in all territories except maybe China.

VanceIX said:

Yes. Lifetime PS4 will have a decent (not big, but decent) lead over the Xbox One in all territories except maybe China.

I'm not sure about that. I think the PS4 will have a 13m - 15m lead by the end of 2015.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
VanceIX said:

I'm not sure about that. I think the PS4 will have a 13m - 15m lead by the end of 2015.

Sorry, completely phrased it wrong. I meant that the PS4 will have a decent lead in the USA, but not big, while having a huge lead in every other territory not named China.