By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Another month of software that shows just how little worth the general market puts on exclusives

Around the Network

So are we expecting any Nintendo PR tonight?

Ninsect said:
TiagoCosta said:
Aerys said:
That confirms what i thought, Sunset is around 100k without the bundles

Then something needs to be overtracked over here, 9th individual without bundles... Bayonetta? Driveclub?

100k feels too low for a 9th placed game imo.

100k is not confirmed

Also, I'd bet money on Bayonetta being below SO.

Yeah I know, I was just saying 100k doesn't make much sense in my opinion. 

I'd like to see the full individual chart.. Not holding my breath tho 

Ninsect said:
Dark_Feanor said:
USA is going digital!

Almost 30% drop YoY is massive (even if you count last year Battlefield).

And GTA...

Wasn´t that mid September??

This 20-30% drop was basic every month this year.

We could also add the trade in on last gen games or people playing on PCs and tablets.

Next year will be worst.

TiagoCosta said:

People are calling SO a bomb without counting the bundle sales, with only 1 week to sell. It did rather well actually, going by VGC numbers is most likely undertracked (it was 10th here with bundle sales, 9th on npd without bundles)

driveclub is a no show with 4 weeks worth.

As a PS4 ownerm I'm just going to say...

SO is not a bomb, any IP which can launch basically being Jet Set Radio meets a TPS is a success for selling more than 50 units! I think it looks awesome and can't wait to get it when I can eventually get an XB1 for it.

Driveclub being a no show? It's pretty much proven at this point that Americans prefer the gun to the car. A simple trip to a US arcade confirms this :p I couldn't get over how few racing games there were at places like Dave and Busters when the likes of Initial D, Outrun 2 SP and Sega Rally 2 and 3 were staples of UK arcades. Having seen how popular automatic transmission is in the US however, it becomes clear that driving is a chore rather than a passion mind. While in Europe, Guns are a felony rather than a hobby :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
TiagoCosta said:
Aerys said:
That confirms what i thought, Sunset is around 100k without the bundles

Then something needs to be overtracked over here, 9th individual without bundles... Bayonetta? Driveclub?

100k feels too low for a 9th placed game imo.

We don't know where DC came on the individual sku list. It was mentioned so for all we know it's above SO.

Obviously, I was just using stuff I thought it could be bellow it. That's why I used ????, I thought it was obvious, I guess not. 

MikeRox said:
TiagoCosta said:

People are calling SO a bomb without counting the bundle sales, with only 1 week to sell. It did rather well actually, going by VGC numbers is most likely undertracked (it was 10th here with bundle sales, 9th on npd without bundles)

driveclub is a no show with 4 weeks worth.

As a PS4 ownerm I'm just going to say...

SO is not a bomb, any IP which can launch basically being Jet Set Radio meets a TPS is a success for selling more than 50 units! I think it looks awesome and can't wait to get it when I can eventually get an XB1 for it.

Driveclub being a no show? It's pretty much proven at this point that Americans prefer the gun to the car. A simple trip to a US arcade confirms this :p I couldn't get over how few racing games there were at places like Dave and Busters when the likes of Initial D, Outrun 2 SP and Sega Rally 2 and 3 were staples of UK arcades. Having seen how popular automatic transmission is in the US however, it becomes clear that driving is a chore rather than a passion mind. While in Europe, Guns are a felony rather than a hobby :p

I love playing outrun (arcade version of course!!), already "wasted" loads of money playing it.

poklane said:
Ninsect said:
Dark_Feanor said:
USA is going digital!

Almost 30% drop YoY is massive (even if you count last year Battlefield).

And GTA...

GTA released in September

I know, but it still sold huge numbers in Oct

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

celador said:
While combined hardware and software sales were flat year-over-year, PS4 and Xbox One continue their historic sales streaks. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, when combined, are outselling PS3 and Xbox 360 in their combined (and respective) first years by a remarkable 70 percent, showing incredible strength in the console market.

Hopefully someone can do something with this

any update on this yet?

Nate4Drake said:
thismeintiel said:
celador said:

Preseason doesn't matter.  What matters is September, October, November & December.

Hopefully someone pulls through with some actual numbers.  MS PR should be interesting

I wouldn't hold my breathe for PR from MS.  I think we got most, if not all, of it yesterday with the "approaching 10M."  It will be funny if next year they shorten that to "only Nov and Dec really matter."

Microsoft target for this Generation = trying to win Nov NPD every year, who does care if PS4 win all the rest and double XOne user base...

I know, right?  Though, it makes you wonder what MS is going to have to do win Nov again next year (if they actually win it this year, i mean.)  By next holiday season, the PS4 is going to be $299-$349.  That price, especially if it can hit $299, is going to make sales skyrocket.