By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Sega didn't even send out review copies of Sonic Boom

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
Blob said:
Well I think the nature of the game meant that reviewers would destroy it for not "being a sonic game" anyway. Still this is very worrying, I was hoping it would at least be a competent enough platformer as it's really the only one coming out all year. since DK anyway.

You should try Shovel Knight. Its awesome

Oh yeah. Was going to buy that when I saw it but put it on the back burner and completely forgot about it. Maybe if Nintendo had a way to advertise games on the start up dashboard then I wouldn't have.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

My bet it they ran out of time/money, shipped an incomplete, buggy, unoptimised build, and withheld review copies in an attempt to control the damage.

This is Colonial Marines levels of shit, but at least they didn't out right lie to the consumer this time.

I'll just sit here and wonder what would EAD do with Sonic oh well...

Sega should just give Sonic to Nintendo

Could be because pre-patch reviews were what killed Lost World (i got the game at Christmas after the patch and found it enjoyable, if marred by a kind of "oops, you're dead!" difficulty). Perhaps they intend to patch it post-release

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Watch as Sega uses the poor sales of this game to justify no further Wii U support.

Cos it must be the audience's fault of course, it couldn't be that the game is shit...

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:
It wasn't even made by sega, it looked and sounded terrible since day 1

Not being developed by Sega should have benefitted the game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
TiagoCosta said:
It wasn't even made by sega, it looked and sounded terrible since day 1

Not being developed by Sega should have benefitted the game.

This, Sega have produced enough awful Sonic games that a different developer was actually a promising prospect.

curl-6 said:
Wright said:

What the heck is going on with this game xDDDD

My bet it they ran out of time/money, shipped an incomplete, buggy, unoptimised build, and withheld review copies in an attempt to control the damage.

That should have been their stratedgy with Aliens: Colonial Marines :D lmao.

Holy bejeezus, this game is horrendous!

This is just the first hour of the game... just look at how piss poor it is!  See how many bugs / glitches you can spot... might top Sonic '06 as the worst Sonic game ever.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:

Holy bejeezus, this game is horrendous!

This is just the first hour of the game... just look at how piss poor it is!  See how many bugs / glitches you can spot... might top Sonic '06 as the worst Sonic game ever.

Nah, still better than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CdcaRMMOeg