By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Sega didn't even send out review copies of Sonic Boom

Tagged games:

Ljink96 said:
They need to get this bad sonic game streak out the way. Sorry Ninty and Sega, bring Sonic back to PS and XB.

That wouldn't necessarily make it any better.

Sonic '06 and Unleashed were on PS/XB and those were atrocious.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ljink96 said:
They need to get this bad sonic game streak out the way. Sorry Ninty and Sega, bring Sonic back to PS and XB.

Their latest offerings tell a different story, Generations was the best Sonic game I could think of since SA2. I wish sega still made sonic with the intent on making Mario look lame. Then we'd have some great sonic games.

Ljink96 said:

Their latest offerings tell a different story, Generations was the best Sonic game I could think of since SA2. I wish sega still made sonic with the intent on making Mario look lame. Then we'd have some great sonic games.

I thought Colours was better than Generations myself.

Nintendo sure knows how to pick 'em. Three game exclusivity FTW!

curl-6 said:
Ljink96 said:

Unleashed was awesome, if you discount the night stages. :L

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ljink96 said:

I thought Colours was better than Generations myself.

Eh, colors was a bit sloppy for my taste. The game looked great for Wii and the color powers were cool but sonic gameplay is increasingly decreasing in stability of gameplay. I'd be okay with 2D.5 remakes of the first 4 games with the same physics applied to them just better graphics.

Who DIDN'T expect this game to be shit?

Ljink96 said:

Eh, colors was a bit sloppy for my taste. The game looked great for Wii and the color powers were cool but sonic gameplay is increasingly decreasing in stability of gameplay. I'd be okay with 2D.5 remakes of the first 4 games with the same physics applied to them just better graphics.

Switching between modern and classic Sonic controls/physics in Generation kinda highlighted the flaws of both for me. Colours on the other hand was more consistent. Just my humble opinion.

RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo sure knows how to pick 'em. Three game exclusivity FTW!

Might be the reason why Nintendo can't be bothered to reach out to third parties. Partnerships where Nintendo isn't in control simply don't work, because third parties put their bottom of the barrel teams on the projects.

I dunno, it seems to me that Sonic is the type of game that demands a more extensive approach to understanding seemless gameplay with a realized open world. Sega was and always will be at its height in 2D, but because of its pacing seems to always be at odds in the 3D realm even though some games might slip by. It's not for lack of trying, but maybe they have to just accept that Sonic might just be a 2D game at best. I believe they are trying too hard to bring Sonic into the modern age instead of just letting him be. The Sonic world is going to be 3D maybe it should be treated like a racer like in Generations, but the 2D gameplay balanced it out making it not suck. I'm sure it took even less to make that game than the ambitious Sonic Boom.

Oh wow, time to head to the bomb shelter before the reviews come out. Going to be a massacre.

Sadly, if the show does well there will be a Sonic Boom 2.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda