By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Sega didn't even send out review copies of Sonic Boom

Tagged games:

RealGamingExpert said:
Not surprising at all.
Reviews will destroy the game.

IMO the game destroyed itself already. :P

Around the Network

I don't know about Boom becoming the new 06, but the similarities are worrying. Sega was working on two games in 2006, Sonic and the Secret Rings and 06; Sega is working on the two versions of Boom now. Sega tried to reboot Sonic with a new style with 06; Sega is trying to reboot Sonic by giving Boom a new style. The secondary title in 2006, Sonic and the Secret Rings, received mediocre scores, but way better than the main game; the reviews for the 3DS version of Boom are mediocre, but a lot better than the home console one...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Spent too much of the budget on knuckles steroids.

one game a year for Sonic is way too much!

And not even good games!

Switch!!!

Busted said:
I'll just sit here and wonder what would EAD do with Sonic oh well...

Sega should just give Sonic to Nintendo

Considering Super Mario 3D World alone contains multiple levels with fast-paced high speed platforming that are already better at it than 90% of the Sonic games, I'd say they'd do pretty good .

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
Sooooo...........

Sega,I think you should give Sonic a break for 2 years, and work on Shenmue 3 and other .......stuff.

Or make a good sonic game. That is hypable.

Yes, leave por Sonic alone! Butcher another old franchise and ruin our memories :P. They are on a roll...

Well, they ruined Altered Beast and Golden Axe. But Phantasy Star is going strong (they just need to localize the damn games) and the last OutRun and After Burner games were great, but I don't have idea why they don't do one of these two again, it has been a long wait.

And oh, I won't fogive them for cancelling the Streets of Rage reboot.