By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So dissapointed by PS+

Not sure where you heard that about december but you're getting Injustice the first AAA retail game for PS4+

Then first Light the fantastic stand-alone DLC for INfamous is coming in January. Also there have been some of my favorite games on PS+ on PS4. I loved Dead Nation, Mercenary Kings, Dust (Platinumed), Resogun (Platinumed), Contrast, Pixeljunk, and Stick it to the Man is probably the second funniest game I've ever played (next to Retro City Rampage of course)

For those demanding AAA we must remember Plus didn't start until years into PS3's life (2010?) so there were already many available cheap AAA games with sequels already coming.  The best that I expected on PS4 was AC4 this fall before Unity like with 3 last year but alas Ubisoft probably doesn't want to piss off MS by giving extra incentive on the wrong system (whatever the reason that was the only one that had a shot).  Several launch games are getting lower in price and will be down after the big shopping season so expect Killzone or AC4 or BF4 (before Hardline to promote the franchise as they've done several times before) or possibly even some Fall games from this year in next year's Summer months but I wouldn' expect them until 2015 at the earliest if I'm being fair.  it's downright incredible they're already giving us a AAA game like Injustice considering Vita had to really struggle to get those and it didn't even give us indies (which still cost 10-15 dollars) each month before that.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
The Fury said:
GamechaserBE said:
Also how more subscribers how more expensive it will be for sony to give free games..

This doesn't makes sense. The deals would be done based on downloads, not just a set fee. Many developers might be happy to let the games go onto PS+ as retail sales might have all but dried up and used might also be hurting their income. So Sony offer them a certain amount per download, not everyone will download it, but a lot will, it gains some extra income for this developer and then potential of added sales from DLC (if any) from potential games that have already made a profit.

Would more subscribers also not mean more downloads?=p

Pretty obvious that Sony can't offer that many retail PS4 game on PS+.
The games are brand new and other publisher/devs would much rather see consumers buy their game instead of having them available on PS+.
The amount Sony pays is not enough for that.

PS4 is weak but expecting AAA now is acting like a spoiled child. PS3 releases are generally sound.

I knew from beginning it was a hoax - a game renting subscription service that was mistaken as 'free games'.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
The Fury said:
GamechaserBE said:
Also how more subscribers how more expensive it will be for sony to give free games..

This doesn't makes sense. The deals would be done based on downloads, not just a set fee. Many developers might be happy to let the games go onto PS+ as retail sales might have all but dried up and used might also be hurting their income. So Sony offer them a certain amount per download, not everyone will download it, but a lot will, it gains some extra income for this developer and then potential of added sales from DLC (if any) from potential games that have already made a profit.

Would more subscribers also not mean more downloads?=p

Yeah, but more subscribers mean more money to Sony to pay for those downloads. I developers were happy to put games on there when there were only like 2 million, now there is 7 million. Same amount of games and more subscribers means more money for all. (Well except us who pay for it. :P).

Hmm, pie.

m0ney said:
I knew from beginning it was a hoax - a game renting subscription service that was mistaken as 'free games'.

Do you think people didn't notice they had to pay for PS+? Lol.

People may use the term 'free games', but everyone knows they're paying for it. They simply aren't as caught up in semantics as others. It's a lot easier to say than "pay a small amount of money and get shit tons of games that are yours forever, but you need PS+ to continue accessing your library of PS+ games".

i completly agree with you.
I got lots of AAAs last year and in the fisrts half of this year on PS3. I bought a ps3 because of that.
but nowi cant see AAAs anymore, and im disapointed.

Also, i recomended PS+ to a friend of mine by july. I said it worths and she would get lots of AAAs.
The only AAA game she got was batman, but she already had. No more AAAs since.
Im ashamed to having recomended her a crappy service...

If only PS4 have backward compatibility PS3 & PS1...

Zekkyou said:
m0ney said:

Do you think people didn't notice they had to pay for PS+? Lol.

People may use the term 'free games', but everyone knows they're paying for it. They simply aren't as caught up in semantics as others. It's a lot easier to say than "pay a small amount of money and get shit tons of games that are yours forever, but you need PS+ to continue accessing your library of PS+ games".

Yep... Free licenses.