By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So dissapointed by PS+

myabe its just me, but i think PS+ greatest strength is also its greatest weakness. Understandably so. There has to be games to give for free to actually give games for free. The Ps4 library is not deep and vast enough to be expecting the kinda great deals you had on the PS3. Maybe by 2016 that will change.

Around the Network
CDiablo said:

The more subscribers, the worse the games will get. Sony could afford to bring people in with loss leaders on the original PS+ but once it became mandatory for online the losses are likely too big to consistently give out retail games. I wouldnt expect any top tier game other than Sony ones(Knack and KZ will be free soon enough).

Keep in mind the service WAS once free games+discounts. Now the service is the ability to play online with bonuses of free games+discounts.

Finally!

l almost never see this posted despite how obvious it is. A few years ago ps+ was very niche with less than a million subscirbers. Now it has over 8m. Apart from indie developers I can't see many developers giving their games away to that many people, so the days of AAA ps+ games are most likely over. 

m0ney said:
I knew from beginning it was a hoax - a game renting subscription service that was mistaken as 'free games'.

So assuming you have only one platform (PS4). And I told you that for $50/year you get 24 games and discounts on a number of other games and you can keep the games as long as you have an active subscription, but even if you don't the games remain in your account for whenever you renew your subscription. Does that sound like a bad deal to you? 

Intrinsic said:

So assuming you have only one platform (PS4). And I told you that for $50/year you get 24 games and discounts on a number of other games and you can keep the games as long as you have an active subscription, but even if you don't the games remain in your account for whenever you renew your subscription. Does that sound like a bad deal to you? 

At least you didn't say "you get 24 free games" :P

QUAKECore89 said:
If only PS4 have backward compatibility PS3 & PS1...

It's more likely that PS2 bc would appear on the PS4 at some point, which would be the best. PS3 architecture was too stupid and the PS4 lacks a CD drive to read PS1 discs... but PS2 via software emulation?

If this happened, then my dream would come true. I could play FF12 followed by Tekken 7 within a few seconds of each other on the same console.

I can dream.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Cant agree more. I didn't even bother adding games to my purchase history past four months.
Glad my subscription has ended and I could wait till next year to see how things will become.

Wright said:
Intrinsic said:

At least you didn't say "you get 24 free games" :P

In truth its really open to interpretation. What is the user paying for? You can pay for PS+, and use to to only play online and never downlad a PS+ game. Or you can buy in for the fre games and never or hardly ever play online or you can get it for both. If you are in it for the online play, then those games ae practically free for you since wether or not you download them is optional. If you are in it for the free games then the online play is a bonus for you. 

There's a weak month every now and then but for the most part I'm very satisfied with the service. Owning all 3 Sony systems means I get 6 games a month, so there's always at least one game to play.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

1 thing I will say to the OP tho, if you are considering getting a ps4 and you have a ps3/vita atm make sure each month you have psn+ you go to the psn store either online or on the ps3 and add the licences to your IGC for the ps4 offerings each month, been doing that for a while now, means when I pick up a ps4 I have a huge pool of games to dive into.

As for Psn+ not being value for money... Vita got 5 games this month, for less than €5 I really can't complain, I've already lost about 10 hours into Steamdig world, absolutely fantastic game that I would not have purchased if not for psn+ giving it to me and also I am really bad at actually finding the motivation to play the games I have, just leave them on the shelf knowing they are there if I find the will to play them years down the line, with psn+ you can use the "rental" type time limit (which being honest I can't see a reason I would ever allow to expire) as incentive to actually play some games which are offered up.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I have thought almost all months for PS3 have been good and full of AAA options. Vita is good 50% of the time. PS4 has been kind of weak but they aren't going to give away AAA titles that people are still interested in. (which is everything as the console is not even a year old.)