By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So dissapointed by PS+

ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:
The binding of Isaac alone makes this month worth it!

Haha yep, I had never heard of it before but now I freaking love it... now if only I wasnt so bad ='(

Yeah the game can be really hard... until you unlock Azazel! He makes the game a lot easier

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

The more subscribers, the worse the games will get. Sony could afford to bring people in with loss leaders on the original PS+ but once it became mandatory for online the losses are likely too big to consistently give out retail games. I wouldnt expect any top tier game other than Sony ones(Knack and KZ will be free soon enough).

Keep in mind the service WAS once free games+discounts. Now the service is the ability to play online with bonuses of free games+discounts.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Anfebious said:

agreed, the game is really fun

I didn't think I'd like it this much after I didn't manage to get into Spelunky

Anfebious said:

I have no idea how i could have ignored this game before. It's so freaking good. The name is meh so maybe that's why lol. This is why i like PS+

I guess it depends on how you view the value equation. I have had PS+ for about a year now. I have spent ~$2 a month on it. I figured in the year I have had roughly $200 worth of gaming thanks to PS+ so even if coasts through 2015 and I get $0 worth of games I'd still feel it was a good value.

To me, $2-3 a month even to try out random titles is great. How I discovered Resogun and Don't Starve for example.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:

Haha yep, I had never heard of it before but now I freaking love it... now if only I wasnt so bad ='(

Yeah the game can be really hard... until you unlock Azazel! He makes the game a lot easier

I think I have that one. The black flying demon thing that shoots lasers out its mouth?? Coz that guy is pretty fucking fun.

Got uber lucky on just my 2nd ever run with a bunch of OP shit. Beat Loki in 3 seconds, its the only time Ive finished all of the floors available.

There are 122 games out right now for the PS4...

But I can only agree with you, the "free" PS+ titles we had so far are disapointing, most of them I barely played, nor was I interested, if I did not get the PS+ 1 year card recently I would not have renewed it... I figured that I would be better off spending that 50$ on games I actually wanted to play (I don't play online).

As for keeping the PS3, I sold mine a few months ago and there is no going back, the generational leap seemed too drastic for me to ever want to use it much again, and I am expecting Sony to re-release most of my favourite titles sooner, so I will get them back in better shape! (mind you, I also play on PC and the PS3 was only ever used for exclusives/indie titles and media streaming, it never impressed me).

Now the PS4, well, if you are not in a hurry, wait until the price drop or for a good deal, if the price is not cut before Black Friday it will be very early next year...

As for me, I really enjoy the games I got on it so far, even if many are "just" games available on older consoles that run better with more details and an an higher resolution.

ktay95 said:

I think I have that one. The black flying demon thing that shoots lasers out its mouth?? Coz that guy is pretty fucking fun.

Got uber lucky on just my 2nd ever run with a bunch of OP shit. Beat Loki in 3 seconds, its the only time Ive finished all of the floors available.

Yup, not only he is the most fun to use, he is also the best one because he has more chances of devil rooms appearing after a boss! The items in those rooms can raise your damage a lot, and once he gets his damage maxed... you can pretty much breeze the rest of the game.

Oh and he starts with the fool card. You can use that to get a free item after you beat mom and enter the boss challenge room. Just grab the item and use the card, you get a free item!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Cancel it

ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:

Yeah it is fun but played it few years ago already on pc =p