By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC Unity has major framerate issues

mornelithe said:

That's a misnomer.  Any AAA game out there actually uses 100% of the resources, that's easy as shit to do.  The hard part is actually optimizing your code and making it run efficiently.   Uncharted 1 used 100% of the power of the PS3, so did 2, and 3...the only difference was they refined the engine greatly, found new tricks et al, over time.

Ubisoft is just sucks.

Around the Network

Watch it still get 85+ on metacritic. I wouldn't even play a game on 20fps (thus I'd give a 0/10).

celador said:

I am very interested to hear what the rest of the game is like now, hopefully it will be good despite of its' issues

Edit: Damn, I was so focused on the jittery running I didn't notice that horrendous soldier pop-in

Holy shit that pop-in is extreme! It's not even smooth, they just suddenly appear on the screen. Dayum! And yeah, the jittery running is bad to.

I am so glad AC3 sucked and I gave up on this series...

But now I am very scared for next week and Far Cry. It is my most anticipated game if the year, and if they screw it up I'll be very very upset. I might even use foul language in a public area...

mornelithe said:
Mummelmann said:
adriane23 said:
I was watching an early live stream of it on Sunday and the framerate was pretty bad. The accidentally jumping to your death or on a fence/ledge/fruit stand hasn't improved much either. I do like that it's very stealth intensive, but the enemy AI is still laughable. This will be the first AC game I won't buy on day 1.

Too many commands for one single button is also an annoyance that is probably still there. I remember so many missions, sneaking behind someone to plant a letter on them or pickpocket something, and then as you walk up to them; your character suddenly bends over to feed a pig that was standing next to them because the command is the same. Or how about freerunning assigned to one button only, causing you to climb and jump on every single piece of plank, crate or rubble everywhere when you're chasing someone on the ground, or being chased. Ah, good times!

I agree on the AI as well, it is high time someone made improved AI a priority, not much has happened in about a decade or so and this is a massive killer of immersion in most games; an open world inhabited by a horde of baboons gets old real quick.

You should try Arma and Stalker at max difficulty.

I have played STALKER, all three of the mainline games on high difficulty and with a bunch of mods such as realistic weapons and realistic encumbrance etc. Fantastic experience! My point still stands though; this is the exception to the rule, games in general still have very poor AI and difficulty is often increased by aim cheats or resource cheats, massive damage increase/decrease for enemies/heroes and unfair, cowardly script tricks (elevator scene in the first F.E.A.R is a perfect example), there really isn't much in the way of actual thinking and improvised strategy going on.

Around the Network

Why are people blaming Ubi for Sony's poor hardware?

-User was moderated for this post-

Mummelmann

Clearly they didnt wait for the Ubisoft patented Day 1 patch.
Or the Ubisoft patented update several months later.

Geez, Ubisoft will most likely have pre order updates from game stores soon.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I am actually glad about this. I had this game preordered and paid in full, now I can move the funds to DA:I, finish Mordor and maybe even dabble in GTA this year since I didnt play it last gen.

Those videos and reports are awful. Also I was watching someone stream it on twitch on my PS4 last saturday and wondered if it was my stream quality or the game but it looked really slow almost under water in action sequences.

Kresnik said:
mornelithe said:

That's a misnomer.  Any AAA game out there actually uses 100% of the resources, that's easy as shit to do.  The hard part is actually optimizing your code and making it run efficiently.   Uncharted 1 used 100% of the power of the PS3, so did 2, and 3...the only difference was they refined the engine greatly, found new tricks et al, over time.

Ubisoft is just sucks.

Doh, sorry, drinking my coffee right now.  Obvious things may escape me :D

JGarret said:
Mystro-Sama said:
What the fuck is going on with Ubi this gen?...

They´ve become 'the new EA'.

And that is no small feat to accomplish.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda