By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC Unity has major framerate issues

mornelithe said:
outlawauron said:
All of this emphasis on framerate has me so annoyed with video game community. -_-

Yeah, because terribly missing a 30fps framerate at 900p, is a huge thing to ask.  Come on.  Have people really lowered their standards so much?  This isn't about being pissed that they didn't hit 4K @60fps.  This is 900p@30fps they're failing at, and by the looks of things, failing pretty spectacularly at. 

Because it's no longer about the game itself, but the technicial performance that isn't always noticeable. The lack of weight behind other technical flaws bothers me as well. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, because terribly missing a 30fps framerate at 900p, is a huge thing to ask.  Come on.  Have people really lowered their standards so much?  This isn't about being pissed that they didn't hit 4K @60fps.  This is 900p@30fps they're failing at, and by the looks of things, failing pretty spectacularly at. 

Because it's no longer about the game itself, but the technicial performance that isn't always noticeable. The lack of weight behind other technical flaws bothers me as well. 

Sorry, I completely disagree.  Resolution and Framerate are part of the overall experience, so are the ugly pop-ins at close range.

The PS5 Exists. 

yeouch. i'm glad i never had any interested in the AC franchise because if this was a game i was looking forward to i'd be very disappointed right now.

ubisoft must have expected more from next gen consoles then they got. they've been soo bad this gen with showing one thing and delivering something much, much less. hopefully they do better with their next round of games but i'm calling right now that the division is going to disappoint too.

GribbleGrunger said:

holy shit!!
is that in game???

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
yeouch. i'm glad i never had any interested in the AC franchise because if this was a game i was looking forward to i'd be very disappointed right now.

ubisoft must have expected more from next gen consoles then they got. they've been soo bad this gen with showing one thing and delivering something much, much less. hopefully they do better with their next round of games but i'm calling right now that the division is going to disappoint too.

I think it's unfamiliarity with GPGPU optimization, more than anything else.  That's where the PS4 shines, and it's something not really possible last gen.  The PS3, for example, was exactly opposite of how you're expected to coordinate tasks.  PS3/Cell/RSX was meant to offload as many tasks as possible onto the beast processor.  PS4/UnifiedMem/modified APU are meant to have as many tasks as possible offloaded to GPU Compute.

Plus, it's also Ubisoft, who are notoriously teribad at optimization.

manny10032 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

holy shit!!
is that in game???

Yeah, there's a bug with SLI configs, from what I heard.  People walking around with just a moustache, or in this case, no skin lol.  Not sure if this is a picture of an SLI rig, but it appears to be the same bug.

And people will still salivate over it like Pavlov's dogs.

kitler53 said:

I love the AC series I think they are amazing. I've been really pissed off this gen by UBIsoft though and I think I'm done with these games. First they make Rogue a last gen only game? Are you kidding me? I hope Rogue flaws big time and they are forced to push it to next gen just to try and get some of the money back. I don't even want Unity at this point not because of the bugs but because they did that crap with Rogue. I've played all the AC games except for the AC2 DLC packs they had going. I don't understand why they would release the game on two different systems like this. 

SanAndreasX said:
And people will still salivate over it like Pavlov's dogs.

Seems tons of people are complaining so I'm not to sure what you're talking about.