By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - #PCMASTERRACE thing out of control

PC gamers need to feel superior since no one includes them in the console wars. They are like the outsider kid who tries to but into a convo hes not apart of.

Around the Network

lol, don't mind those comments.The people who actually use the "pc master race" thing to downplay the greatness of consoles are probably people with $300 pcs, who can't buy consoles or just trolls.Seriously, if someone can afford at least $1000+ to buy a pc,what makes you think they won't buy a $400 console.If someone really loves gaming,that person will try to get all consoles because they all have something unique.

mZuzek said:
Kerotan said:
TechnoHobbit said:

If you knew how true gaming was you'd join the #PCMASTERRACE movement. Alas, you are just a simple minded peasant.

PS: I'm completely joking (don't ban me!), and I imagine most people in the YouTube comments are as well... that or trolling (or a combination of the two).

why is some of your post blacked out? how do i see it

Select the text.

mindblow.gif

That was almost as amazing as the first time i ever seen GTA 3. 

ghost_of_fazz said:

This, right here.

Here, maybe this will solve your problem.

Haha. That's pretty cool. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Khan said:
Especially when the term is so damn old. I remember the Yahtzee video it came from, vaguely. 2008 or 2009?

Do you have a link to that MR Khan? 

Jazz2K said:

I have a good gaming PC mostly because I need a good PC for my work but I don't play on it I play on consoles. I think people will always try to downplay the system you're gaming on no matter what it is. PC gamers are as guilty as console gamers. I also think that the effort put in PC games should be recognized by console gamers. Just because PCs can be more powerful it doesn't mean a lot of efforts weren't put in those games. Everytime we see people saying PC doesn't count for whatever reason, no wonder some of them are acting like that. You can't say consoles are such beasts that they produce the best graphics ever blablabla... and then say but PC doesn't count.

I actually have a really powerful Alienware I bought for work and now no longer use it for work. (Recently gave it to my Dad for his work). I've no interest in gaming on it as I'm into comments so I'm not offended by #PCMASTERRACE as I've likely got a more powerful rig then they do. But it's fucking annoying. Top Youtube comments used to be funny or smart but not anymore for the popular game videos at least. 

And as someone pointed out on the Playstation vids it might be xbox fans pretending to be master race and visa versa on XB vids. They on vids like GTA 5 it could be happening both ways but you def have a lot of legit PC fanboys trying to brag about their dick size, sorry i mean rig size. Sometimes you'd wonder which they'd actually prefer to be big. SMH

Yea but does it matter if PC fans want to jump on the trolling train? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Seriously I can't go onto a new YouTube video related to gaming without most of the top comments being about the #PCMasterRace. When I watch a video the first thing I do is read the comments and it's getting extremely annoying now. It's so predictable and it's not even funny. You'd think the master race crew would be off playing their expensive rigs and AAA games. They really put genuine PC gamers into a bad light and I never thought I'd see the day where a group of fanboys would be worse than the PS and XB fanboys. 

Anyone else getting tired of it? 

The funny thing is when i was still part of the PC community most of my time is over clocking, bench marking, tweaking. moding and bragging to my friend and shows to them how beautiful the games, while i get many games from steam
"i never had a chance enjoyed playing games as much on console" except games like strategy and MOBA.

and know i am back become full flagged gamer, no more tweaking, no more worried of PC requirement.
while i am still playing on my gaming laptop but i don't need to worried upgrading,

still there is no a full flagged PC master race  because PC consist of many part, and if by any chance they call them self PC Master race even my dad playing solitaire on windows xp can be considered an PC Master race  Lol

S.T.A.G.E. said:
PC gamers need to feel superior since no one includes them in the console wars. They are like the outsider kid who tries to but into a convo hes not apart of.

Well not all of them, but some that really annoying and saying that console is for a peasant. But I agree with you they desperately commenting to get attention and childish.

I tend to be a heavy Pc gamer. I like to get most multiplatform games on Pc because I prefer Mouse and Keyboard, however, I too am tired of all this PCMASTERRACE stuff. I also have a PS4, and I feel sorry for those who only have a Pc because they don't want a "peasant console." Each system has its own unique games. I won't ever get to play games like Bloodborne, Persona 5, and Kingdom Hearts on my Pc, however, I wouldnt be able to play games like Amnesia, Star Citizen, and many other Pc only games. So summary...try to get a Pc and Console :P

PC master race is the PC fanboys' way of staying relevant with the console wars. But yeah, you shouldn't take youtube comments seriously.

HollyGamer said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Well not all of them, but some that really annoying and saying that console is for a peasant. But I agree with you they desperately commenting to get attention and childish.

I used to be a PC gamer and even back then I was annoyed by the superiority complex. I'm talking about before Steam (or steam sales) was a thing. Heh Let the console realm enjoy what it has to offer and enjoy what you have as a PC gamer (as I did before the great PC droubt). Thanks to Steam the PC community has a great leg to stand on in the midst of DRM and a great wealth of PC games are being made now. Blizzard is going strong so they really should enjoy it without having t butt in on console issues. I mean I understand console games holding back PC versions of multiplats, but thats as far as the conversation goes, really. Heh. Its all childish as you said.