By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii U a good 2nd console

Have you thought about getting a Wii U?

Yes 125 37.20%

No 31 9.23%

I own one 180 53.57%

Total:336

Honestly no, If the WiiU isnt your first console, chances are it doesnt have the type of games you want to be worth getting as a second console

If all you have is a PS4, i would recommend a 360.
If all you have is a XBO, i would recommend a ps3.

Both are cheaper than the WiiU, both have infinitely more games, which are also much cheaper, and both come close to or are on part with the WiiU graphically.

Around the Network

It depends on how broad your tastes are. If you have a wide range of tastes, than yes, it is an excellent secondary console. If your tastes are more narrow in focus, than perhaps not unless Platformers happen to be within that focus.

Well it's pretty much the only second console after you already have a PS4. It's not a great console but it's not like you have a choice.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Implying it isn't a good first console?

It is fantastic

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Implying it isn't a good first console?

It is fantastic

If you like to play anything other than Nintendo games, it isn't. 

I'm a Nintendo fan but I couldn't in good conscience reccomend it to a friend who I know likes third party games. 

Around the Network

Depends.

Do you like playing the same games you played on the Wii with only slight improvements made?

Citation for this remark:

Wii U: NSMBU, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Pikmin 3, Super Smash bros 4

Wii: NSMBW, Mario Kart Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Pikmin 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

It's not to say that these games aren't "good," but after owning one for a year and then selling it, I can't recommend the thing.

Just get a Wii and draw a U on it. It's literally the same thing.

Ninten78 said:

This is a question to PS4 and XBONE users would you or have you thought about getting a Wii U as a 2nd console?

Yep, the Wii U is far more differentiated than XBONE is from PS4.

My 8th gen collection

Tachikoma said:

Honestly no, If the WiiU isnt your first console, chances are it doesnt have the type of games you want to be worth getting as a second console

If all you have is a PS4, i would recommend a 360.
If all you have is a XBO, i would recommend a ps3.

Both are cheaper than the WiiU, both have infinitely more games, which are also much cheaper, and both come close to or are on part with the WiiU graphically.

This is true, PS3 & 360 are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii U.  But, I wasn't including those since I already had them.

My 8th gen collection

Of course it's a good 2nd console, but it could be at least 100x better if it didn't come bundled with a gimmicky, useless toy.

I'm now filled with determination.

Absolutely! It's my local MP console right now though some Plus games have surprisingly filled that gap as well. Can't beat Mario Kart if you have 3 friends to play with though (I have two apartment mates that play with me so if we have someone over it's great fun)...oh wait yes you can when SMASH comes out!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers