By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Gravity Rush just be PS4 ip?

Tagged games:

badgenome said:

- The emptiness of the world probably has more to do with budget and development cycle than the limitation of the platform.

- Install base doesn't mean much. PS4 already has no shortage of games and will probably have an absolute glut of content by the time Gravity Rush 2 comes out. Vita owners aren't many, but they are voracious and already made the first game successful. Switching platforms would be a risk.

- Dat beautiful OLED.

In short, no.

This! There are other Vita games that are far more technically impressive, also you've got to remember it was out in Japan before the Western launch of Vita. 

It should stay on Vita because it's clearly not a game anybodys interested in outside of Vita because Vita has no games anybody would want to buy one for.  Ergo it wouldn't sell at all on PS4 surely?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

No, it was a Vita game and should remain primarily a Vita game. Let the PS4 get new, original IPs. I don't mind a port, but only for PS4? Nah.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Keep it on Vita. It needs games to sell it and Gravity Rush 2 can be one of those games. Its a good ip, they just need to improve on a few things.  Better enemies, more diverse enviroment, etc

I tried it on a PSV and not only I liked it, but I can't imagine a better device to play it than PSV. I normally don't like portables very much, I find PSP uncomfortable and DS and 3DS awkward when I try them, but I like PSV, even more playing Gravity Rush on it, it just felt natural.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

gravity rush 2 should definitly be on the ps4. the ip would have a much bigger chance of becoming a broad success on the ps4 simply because of the install base alone. kat would also be a good mascot for playstation.

Around the Network

Probably already is. I can't think of any reason they haven't shown the game again.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I just hope whatever platform the game has more to do. I really loved the mechanics and the world was very pretty in GR. That didn't stop me from being more than a little disappointed over the lack content and variety of things to do.

I don't see why they can't do both. Other Japanese publishers are doing PS4/Vita releases right?

No reason to keep anything exclusive to the Vita anymore. Halting the death spiral is impossible, let alone reversing it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Yes. I've said it before that Sony should just move their PSV projects to PS4, as it would be more beneficial. Seeing as they've seemingly started doing this with God Eater, Freedom Wars, and Tearaway, one can only hope that they'll follow suit with Gravity Rush 2. PSV is just a waste of time and money at this point. They need to give PS4 all the support they can.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Fusioncode said:
Probably already is. I can't think of any reason they haven't shown the game again.

Id imagine this is the case. We've seen a couple of new Vita games announced and released by sony since we first heard of Gravity Rush 2. At this point I think sony will most likely make it cross platform, if they even still care enough at this point to make it for vita