By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Want to see true bias in gaming journalism?

Halo MCC has roughly twenty reviews on metacritic.. it's sitting at 88.
I admit I'm a huge Xbox and Halo guy, but if there were any type of exclusive, series anthology disc on the PS4 that came close to the sheer amount of content, dedicated remastering, and overall value for the money... I would be outright and honest with my deferential envy of the Sony camp.

There's simply no reason, other than bias, that the MCC should recieve any score lower than 100. Sound Crazy? It shouldn't.

Imagine if Sony reworked the Uncharted series, completely revamped the graphics on two of the titles, added better cut-scenes, included all the DLC  with everything unlocked from the moment you spin up the disc, and presented everything in a seamless UI... would that deserve a perfect score. Of course it would.

You may hate MS, Halo may not be your thing, but for someone to score this game anything less than perfect betrays either of those opinions immediately, leaving bias journalism and personal preference as the only explanations for a flawed score. There's simply no reason for it. There's too much on the disc. And while each game individually certalnly has it's imperfections, collecting them all together with a brand new coat of paint and new things to discover, completely negates any negatives to be found when judging one of the games alone.

It's so hard to trust reviews anymore. Like everything else in modern gaming, they seem to be infested with fanboyism and secret loyatlies.

Around the Network

sure sure sure, yahh bang on on that there.

lol

Niiiiiice thread. And niiiiiice point. Nobody shouuuuuuuld give it less than a 100...
101 fits betterrrrrrrrrrrr

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

But it does not do my laundry or make me dinner.

Its not perfect.

Around the Network

oh my....

Come on man lol. Perfect scores tho

Funny how this score pisses people off so much.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: 91
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: 91
Ratchet and Clank Trilogy: 83
Jak and Daxter Collection: 81
Devil May Cry HD Collection: 77

For collections, the max score tends to be around 90...quit complaining

What? It doesn't deserve anything less than 100? Heck, a fucking GTA collection wouldn't even deserve ameta of 100. Neither would a potential UC collection (which mark my words will come out!).