By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty beats Grand Theft Auto and Super Mario Bros. to be named best ever video game series by Guinness World Records

theprof00 said:
Is super mario brothers really the best selling series of all time though?
I'm not so sure about that.

according to wikipedia it is 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Just Dance is #50.
Just Fucking Dance. How the actual **** is Just Dance above so many GOOD franchises?

IKR. They could have voted for something more sensible like Jak and Daxter or MegaMan.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Teeqoz said:
Just Dance is #50.
Just Fucking Dance. How the actual **** is Just Dance above so many GOOD franchises?

IKR. They could have voted for something more sensible like Jak and Daxter or MegaMan.

With only 5000 people in the poll it get on the list with literally only 1-2 people voting for it.

C'mon guys. Do you not realize who voted in that poll? Let me give you a hint; remember all those geeky children reading the annual Guinness book on the schoolbus back in the day? Those are these kids REBORN. Nowadays, there is no surprise that 10-year-olds would name CoD their favorite game series...

And to continue the fad:

And minecraft at #3 and angry birds at 12.. Yeah its pretty obvious who their demographic are

Around the Network

What a shit list.. What the hell are FIFA, Minecraft, Battlefield and Call of Duty doing in the top 10?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

OK ... I guess they can't get everyting right.

The PS5 Exists. 

This list is wrong for so many reasons but Far Cry and Assassins Creed being in front of Bioshock makes me particularly sick.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I have no comment about this thing.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Lol didnt know Guinness is that unprofessional.
You cant just go and ask uneducated people for their opinion....

same reason why Videogame awards mean no shit most of the time.

There is semi-professionals (semi because 20fps games can get GOTY rofl) that outweight pros and cons etc and then there is the peasants.

This should be proof enough that gamers are outnumbered by mainstreamers.