By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty beats Grand Theft Auto and Super Mario Bros. to be named best ever video game series by Guinness World Records

Mario will always be the best games.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Call of Duty beats Grand Theft Auto and Super Mario Bros. to be named best ever video game series by Guinness World Records

That seems like "fact" to me. And the title of this thread is taken straight from the article. I have no doubt that people find CoD, FIFA and Minecraft fun. I find them fun as well (well, not FIFA, but CoD and MC). I've enjoyed Just Dance as well, it's really fun at parties, and my girlfriend likes to play it as well. I would however not rank it close to my top 50 videogames of all time (I do have both MC and a CoD in my top 50 though).

My point was that if you've only played one single game, than that is necesarily the best game you've played. You know cause then you've only played that one game.

"For the new book, now in its eighth year, Guinness World Records reached out to fans and readers of their gaming edition and asked them to vote on their favourite games.

Craig Glenday, Editor in-Chief at Guinness World Records told The Independent: ‘More than 5,000 fans of the book from 140 countries across the world took to an online poll to vote for their favourite games, and the top 50 record-breaking games were featured in the book’."

Did you miss this part? There's a reason educated people learn to read the content of a piece instead of relying on the title as a fact. There's also a reason when someone makes a claim that someone said something, they ask for a source. They do it in order to read the content which shows how a study/survey was conducted. By looking at the  methodology you can see whether you will take the findings seriously or not. 

But common sense is enough to tell you that "best game" could not possibly refer to anything but an opinion. "Best selling", on the other hand, would be expected to be factual. "Best"  is a vague term and hardly ever refers to anything factual on its own. 

Please don't take this as an attack or an an implicit suggestion that you lack common sense. It's what I consider to be common sense, which, again, is not something factual. 

Anger and Hate brings the VGC community together.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

When it comes to popularity, quality isn't always the primary reason, simplicity is and that is why you are seeing Call of Duty 1st and Fifa 7th on the list. It's great to see a game like The Last of Us get so much recognition though, 22nd and highly successful both commercially and critically.

mario kart is better than need for speed
literally just released the best mk since n64!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Call of Duty is considered the best video game ever? What has this world come to...

They only polled 5,000 people. That doesn't seem like enough to me.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens