By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive a Success!

Ka-pi96 said:
There will almost certainly be a sequel

Did you see that end credits scene?? :-O

Around the Network
celador said:
It has been a tremendous success, both the game critically and the commercial boost from the combination of pairing a great game with that delicious white X1. Even MS underestimated how good it would be and how much people would want it.

No way Insomniac wants to work with Sony again after this. A trilogy of Overdrives on X1 this generation is a given, and it will be interesting to see where they take the franchise going forward

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but why would Insomniac not want to work with Sony again after this? Heck, they're already working on a project for Sony.

I think I predicted 300k first week. This year, I guess around 700k.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ka-pi96 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
There will almost certainly be a sequel

Did you see that end credits scene?? :-O

No, actually I didn't really get into the game. Haven't played it for a couple days now.

You have to get through the first hour or so of fetch quests, then its awesome

I don't think it will do 500k first week and 2 millions lifetime i think it will sell 1 million

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
10 million first week for sure.

100 million Xbox One sold by tomorrow.

legit

What? Why are you predicting the sales so low! :(

I saw this game on display at RI Comic Con this weekend. Didn't pick up the controller, but it does look interesting. Art direction looks a little odd to me though. Something about it screams "we tried to color just a little bit outside the lines" for some reason. Glad to see it getting success though. Games that try to do something different, even if a little twist on the established norm, need more reception and exposure for the industry to move forward.

Seece said:
drake_tolu said:

The point is that you have write " WW 400k first week, that'd be a smash IMO. " when Smash will sell much more. ._."

Ugh it's a term of phrase ... nothing to do with Smash bros.

Please.

It's called a turn of phrase, bro.

Please

Tremendous is not a number, Phil.

Game isn't even in the amazon top 100 hourly bestsellers. I've been tracking it and it's been selling poor. The game looks great but too niche for the masses. Bundle probably selling good because it was coupled with white x1. I'd be surprised if we see 1m ltd. Hope I'm wrong because I like insomniac