By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive a Success!

1 Resistance: Fall of Man 4.26m LTD 426k by years end Success
2 Resistance 2 2.42 LTD 1.3m by years end ?????????
3 Resistance 3 1.41 LTD 940k by years end Failure

Let's hope that Sunset overdrive is a success. I would not be so sure that it will be though. Both Resistance and Resistance 2 were bundled I think.

Around the Network
celador said:
Scientificreason said:
celador said:

What I mean is, it seems MS are willing to give them more freedom than Sony, which is why it ended as an exclusive in the first place from what we have heard previously.  Obviously if that changes then insomniac will have a healthy relationship with Sony, but I think they may be getting bored with making Ratchet and Clank

Where is any proof for this?  Tales from your ass.  How do you know what freedom they had?  Sony is known for developer freedom,  sometimes being too lenient. 

They wanted to own the IP, there were articles about it

So good luck at MS trying to lock Sunset 2 as an exclusive. If Insomniac owns the Ip, it's certainly not to be tied again to only one platform...

Sweep said:
celador said:
Scientificreason said:

Where is any proof for this?  Tales from your ass.  How do you know what freedom they had?  Sony is known for developer freedom,  sometimes being too lenient. 

They wanted to own the IP, there were articles about it

So good luck at MS trying to lock Sunset 2 as an exclusive. If Insomniac owns the Ip, it's certainly not to be tied again to only one platform...

Could be another Gears situation.

celador said:
It has been a tremendous success, both the game critically and the commercial boost from the combination of pairing a great game with that delicious white X1. Even MS underestimated how good it would be and how much people would want it.

No way Insomniac wants to work with Sony again after this. A trilogy of Overdrives on X1 this generation is a given, and it will be interesting to see where they take the franchise going forward

Say what? Why wouldn't Insomniac want to work with Sony? Sony is their biggest supporter since their beginnings. lol. One game will not define where Insomniac will go from here.

deskpro2k3 said:
Imaginedvl said:
deskpro2k3 said:

First of all, don't assume I was hoping for something. Secondly, use proper spelling. Third, I'm not your personal google. I mean look at this site, the answer is right here.

Coming in the thread with your hit-and-run statement like that will open the door to questions.

No need be rude just because you have nothing to backup your claim. "Use proper spelling?": really, you have some troubles reading my post? Please point out what you did not understand because of my poor spelling and I will gladly explain it to you. Those are internet forums and if you want perfect english then you may not be at the right place.

Google will not explain why you believe this is another Knack, everything is actually pointing out this is a huge success.

From the attitude I'm getting from you, you must think I came here to downplay your precious new game.

I'm not being rude for pointing out your flaws, in fact you should be grateful for it because next time if you want to have a meaningful constructive discussion with someone you would remember to spell your words right or else it'll be used against you again.

I told you before, my statement is not a fact it is simply an observation based on their first week on the market. I told you that the answer you're looking for is right here. If you can't help yourself then I can't help you, and I don't have to prove anything to you.

lol... you are really funny. Have fun attacking people like that if it makes you feel better or superior in any way :) Internet is a good place for that and it seems to be far from the first time you go that way.

Now, the fact reminds that you have nothing to backup what you are saying, it is just pure assumption as you are talking about first weeks of sales based on what? Real numbers? Nope... And I used Google to try to get those numbers you seem to know (even used Bing or Yahoo to make sure my Google skills were good enough) and did not get any nuumbers to compare to Knack? Did you?

But I diverge, as you already admitted you were wrong even if you strongly felt the need to use this lovely attitude of yours to make sure you do not lose the face.

Around the Network

I waited for to get the white Xbox mostly because it came with this game and it's 100% worth it. Online chaos mode is actually really fun.

Imaginedvl said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Imaginedvl said:
deskpro2k3 said:

First of all, don't assume I was hoping for something. Secondly, use proper spelling. Third, I'm not your personal google. I mean look at this site, the answer is right here.

Coming in the thread with your hit-and-run statement like that will open the door to questions.

No need be rude just because you have nothing to backup your claim. "Use proper spelling?": really, you have some troubles reading my post? Please point out what you did not understand because of my poor spelling and I will gladly explain it to you. Those are internet forums and if you want perfect english then you may not be at the right place.

Google will not explain why you believe this is another Knack, everything is actually pointing out this is a huge success.

From the attitude I'm getting from you, you must think I came here to downplay your precious new game.

I'm not being rude for pointing out your flaws, in fact you should be grateful for it because next time if you want to have a meaningful constructive discussion with someone you would remember to spell your words right or else it'll be used against you again.

I told you before, my statement is not a fact it is simply an observation based on their first week on the market. I told you that the answer you're looking for is right here. If you can't help yourself then I can't help you, and I don't have to prove anything to you.

lol... you are really funny. Have fun attacking people like that if it makes you feel better or superior in any way :) Internet is a good place for that and it seems to be far from the first time you go that way.

Now, the fact reminds that you have nothing to backup what you are saying, it is just pure assumption as you are talking about first weeks of sales based on what? Real numbers? Nope... And I used Google to try to get those numbers you seem to know (even used Bing or Yahoo to make sure my Google skills were good enough) and did not get any nuumbers to compare to Knack? Did you?

But I diverge, as you already admitted you were wrong even if you strongly felt the need to use this lovely attitude of yours to make sure you do not lose the face.

Who is attacking who? You assume I was downplaying the game, and you're asking me for proof based on an observation I made on how the sales are going.

The only facts here is that you're not showing the necessary skills to do something successfully. And, you mispelled remains.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Who is attacking who? You assume I was downplaying the game, and you're asking me for proof based on an observation I made on how the sales are going.

The only facts here is that you're not showing the necessary skills to do something successfully. And, you mispelled remains. 

Whaatever dhude. Please keep observhating hoow unknown saless arre doing and compare hit too anything you want :)
Thank yoo fore charing!

So sunset overdrivee does only 2 time less then what you're expecting.
I expected this kind of number so i don't think it's doing bad

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Baaaarely better than Bayonetta 2 in the west. I wouldn't call any game a success?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.