By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive a Success!

Tremendous success huh? Doubt it'll rank very well when NPD for October and November drop. It isn't tracking well on Amazon at all.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
Tremendous success huh? Doubt it'll rank very well when NPD for October and November drop. It isn't tracking well on Amazon at all.

Their expectation are too high for me if it do 1 million lifetime i will call it a success

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Imaginedvl said:
deskpro2k3 said:

First of all, don't assume I was hoping for something. Secondly, use proper spelling. Third, I'm not your personal google. I mean look at this site, the answer is right here.

Coming in the thread with your hit-and-run statement like that will open the door to questions.

No need be rude just because you have nothing to backup your claim. "Use proper spelling?": really, you have some troubles reading my post? Please point out what you did not understand because of my poor spelling and I will gladly explain it to you. Those are internet forums and if you want perfect english then you may not be at the right place.

Google will not explain why you believe this is another Knack, everything is actually pointing out this is a huge success.

From the attitude I'm getting from you, you must think I came here to downplay your precious new game.

I'm not being rude for pointing out your flaws, in fact you should be grateful for it because next time if you want to have a meaningful constructive discussion with someone you would remember to spell your words right or else it'll be used against you again.

I told you before, my statement is not a fact it is simply an observation based on their first week on the market. I told you that the answer you're looking for is right here. If you can't help yourself then I can't help you, and I don't have to prove anything to you.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Phil Spencer has said alot of things...

celador said:
Scientificreason said:

celador said:
It has been a tremendous success, both the game critically and the commercial boost from the combination of pairing a great game with that delicious white X1. Even MS underestimated how good it would be and how much people would want it.

No way Insomniac wants to work with Sony again after this. A trilogy of Overdrives on X1 this generation is a given, and it will be interesting to see where they take the franchise going forward

There is no need for the Sony comment.... They are already still working with Sony.  Sunset won't come close to the sales some of there ps franchises had  just silly. No need for the console war bs . They would work with Sony on a heartbeat.  Also where are the figures?  Let's not act like it sold 1 million first week. 

This is good I more games that are a success is good for the industry.  

What I mean is, it seems MS are willing to give them more freedom than Sony, which is why it ended as an exclusive in the first place from what we have heard previously.  Obviously if that changes then insomniac will have a healthy relationship with Sony, but I think they may be getting bored with making Ratchet and Clank

Actually, I believe the reason specifically had to do with Sony's usual policy on owning the IP of exclusive titles. Don't get me wrong, it's a point in Microsoft's favor, but the flipside of that is that insomniac is pretty much free to take the franchise to whatever platform they want, as long as they can find a publisher who will fund them. There's nothing requiring them to keep Sunset Overdrive sequels Xbox exclusive, so if, say, Activision offered them a sweeter deal, they could take it. The reason Sony prefers the own the IPs is they don't want to invest marketing and funding to develop a game, when there's a very real risk that the more successful sequel will simply go multiplat. I believe this started around the Crash Bandicoot era, but I may be mistaken.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
Seece said:
the range in the UK is 20k to 70k. I have no idea where it lands there but I feel 50k is a good number, around Forza Horizon (or just below I think).

If that is the case, US is x5 for UK, so we're looking at 250k in US hopefully.

WW 400k first week, that'd be a smash IMO.

Of course we have the bunldes that sold like crazy in the second week tho, so sales shouldn't drop as harshly as other games.

If MS have got ample white bunldes this holiday it'll easily surpass 1m.

400k is a bit bullish for my tastes.

I'd say 300k first week and 1.5k lifetime!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

brighat said:
Funny how toastboy starts these threads but never answers people in them. Why is he allowed to do this ad infinitum?

Because he's toastboy. You ought to know this by now.

OT: This is the third time today I've seen someone spell sequel as "sequal."

brighat said:
Funny how toastboy starts these threads but never answers people in them. Why is he allowed to do this ad infinitum?

MTE. He always creates these threads with ridiculous predictions or exagerrations. The trick is to never take anything he says seriously. I assume all his comments are are a joke/sarcasm.

Hmmm... Maybe the sequel will come to PS4 ;)

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

SO is a fantastic experience and it was so smart, and a great move in regards to Insomniac, to bundle the game with the white X1. MS knew this was a very unique game and it wouldn't have sold as well if it hadn't been bundled. This way, more people will realize just how great this game is and probably want the sequel.

And yes, I think this game will easily break 1million sold, maybe 2million.