By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Destiny caused 500k+ returns of PS4.

DonFerrari said:
JustBeingReal said:
DonFerrari said:
JustBeingReal said:
DonFerrari said:
JustBeingReal said:
I take it this is meant to be a joke Destiny released on the 9th of September, Sony's shipment figures of 13.5M go right up to the end of that same month, if retailers had 600k returns they wouldn't have ordered 3.3M over that quarter, they would have ordered 2.7M and Sony would have announced 12.9M consoles shipped.

We have two hypothesis.

First is that the returned units were repacked and Sony counted as new shipments buffing the numbers. I know there are similar claims regarding x360 shipments and rrod warranty/repairs.

Or the systems were so tarnished by destiny that they had to be burn so new systems had to be shipped (no warranty for burnt units so the sales count for shipments).

A company cannot call stock something it's not, especially on an official income statement (which is how Sony announced this). A unit produced is a unit produced. A unit that is returned would have to be counted as returned stock, it goes down as a minus on any company stock levels, it's the same with Microsoft and the RROD, the faulty units were returned back to Microsoft, they can't be counted twice, maybe there's a margin for Human error, but to say 600k units basically come out of thin air would be easy to spot and the company would be commiting fraud and they'd have to pay for that, it would also be terrible from a customer relations POV as no one would buy from them, because you couldn't trust their actions.

As for Destiny you realize the game's got more positive feedback than negative right?

Even the worse game in history never tarnished a whole games system, let alone that amount of sales.

All of this is reaching to the highest degree and the simplest, most logical answer to all of this is that VGChartz are undertracking the numbers, which is respectfully correct because Sony's numbers say otherwise, on an official income statement, not even some random marketing announcement.

What actual proof do you have to support this speculation?

Explain that to ioi or errow. Sony even had lied about smartphone to be shipped this quarter why wouldn't they lie about ps4?

for proof look for the return reports and VGC numbers that were accepted as legit globally in USA.

Well they can read this thread, they've been told by others before. This is the 1st I've heard about Sony lying about shipment numbers and I read tech news all the time, can you provide a link to an official statement from a legit article to support your claims that Sony has lied about either?

If a company lies about numbers, especially on income statements that is fraud Sir and the company would be taken to court about it, risk having to pay fines and have the worse.

Sony are fine being open and honest about company losses, so they have no reason to lie about shipment figures.

I just googled PS4 returns and it only showed up a few of the same few people that returned launch systems, which was back in 2013, actual faulty models were few and far between. VGC has only ever been accepted as guesswork by the masses. Any company's own income statement numbers are fact, if they lie on them then that's fraudulent behaviour, as I said earlier it would be very bad if the company got found out.

This is reaching on your part.

Logic and fact support that Sony's numbers are correct, VG Chartz never claims to be 100% accurate, they just try to see where sales are coming from, but because they can't always get accurate data on all retail sales the numbers aren't always going to match Sony's or any company's official numbers.

This thread of your's can't be taken seriously, obviously you're trolling.

please look at ioi answer to ethomaz on 10M announcement for the lying.

Please post it here, you insist it to be fact, so the onus is on you to support it in a mature debate.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
That's quite literally the stupidest thing I've EVER heard. Seriously.

It's so far off the charts of stupid that I have to post THIS in honor of the person responsible for the most epically hilarious bullcrap in perhaps the history of this universe :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3JzbWVDzac

I think he's just trolling.

People need to chill, OP is just having fun and you can feel it just by reading the post.... I mean, come on....

JazzB1987 said:
qwertyDANIELqwerty said:
I am actually laughing about this. It's why you don't buy into the hype of a game, unless you know it'll be good.

well may I introduce humanity to you?

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this is hilarious.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Lol this up there on a toastboy level of ridiculousness. Good joke thread:)

Around the Network

but I used my investigation skills <---- Im out of this thread. bye.

PS4 is a good console they just bought an underwhelming game. If it was their first experience on the console so yeah I'd return it too

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

JustBeingRea

Well they can read this thread, they've been told by others before. This is the 1st I've heard about Sony lying about shipment numbers and I read tech news all the time, can you provide a link to an official statement from a legit article to support your claims that Sony has lied about either?

If a company lies about numbers, especially on income statements that is fraud Sir and the company would be taken to court about it, risk having to pay fines and have the worse.

Sony are fine being open and honest about company losses, so they have no reason to lie about shipment figures.

I just googled PS4 returns and it only showed up a few of the same few people that returned launch systems, which was back in 2013, actual faulty models were few and far between. VGC has only ever been accepted as guesswork by the masses. Any company's own income statement numbers are fact, if they lie on them then that's fraudulent behaviour, as I said earlier it would be very bad if the company got found out.

This is reaching on your part.

Logic and fact support that Sony's numbers are correct, VG Chartz never claims to be 100% accurate, they just try to see where sales are coming from, but because they can't always get accurate data on all retail sales the numbers aren't always going to match Sony's or any company's official numbers.

This thread of your's can't be taken seriously, obviously you're trolling.

please look at ioi answer to ethomaz on 10M announcement for the lying.

Please post it here, you insist it to be fact, so the onus is on you to support it in a mature debate.

I don't insist on Sony lieing being a fact but that ioi claim it, can't do good search on phone but the info is on the forum.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I bought the Destiny PS4 bundle, but I just traded in Destiny and kept the PS4

ijustlikegames:) said:
Lol this up there on a toastboy level of ridiculousness. Good joke thread:)

It is an honor to be compared to pandawan

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."