By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Bayonetta 2 do well? (Updated with EU numbers)

How much will Bayonetta 2 sell LT?

Less than 500k! 116 17.85%

500k+ 99 15.23%

600k+ 59 9.08%

700k+ 60 9.23%

800k+ 57 8.77%

900k+ 37 5.69%

More than 1 million! 220 33.85%

Total:648
fleischr said:
Seece said:

Because they never would have got a huge stack in the first place. Game is outside top 40 UK, you said yourself it's not doing well here.

It's always funny how these things have legs in countries that are not tracked independly of VGC isn't it?

So it's undershipped. And if you can't find it, it's already sold out. Another shipment should mean more sales. Clearly if something sells out it's first weekend, there should be still *some* market for it yet several weeks out.

How do you know it's undershipped? How do you know what's on UK shelves? You're jumping to some pretty big conclusions.

Around the Network

Its nice to see a non Nintendo Wii U game at the top of the chart.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

500K+ lifetime

It did kinda well.. More or less of what I expected.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Seece said:
fleischr said:

So it's undershipped. And if you can't find it, it's already sold out. Another shipment should mean more sales. Clearly if something sells out it's first weekend, there should be still *some* market for it yet several weeks out.

How do you know it's undershipped? How do you know what's on UK shelves? You're jumping to some pretty big conclusions.

I've followed multiple streams of info on Bayo 2 since it launched. Many reported the game was sold out or close to sold out at retail in its first week.

#6 to out of top 40 in one week reeks of undershipment, even for a WiiU game.

Bayo2 debuted at over 12k, whereas DKC debuted at 8k and Hyrule Warriors debuted at over 15k. Both sold about 3-4k their 2nd week and remained in the top 40 their 2nd week. I think the previously thought very best case scenario was that  Bayo 2 could match DKC in sales potential and that's what they shipped to -- however those expectations were clearly beat very quickly.

That's how I figure they undershipped the game.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Seece said:
fleischr said:

I've followed multiple streams of info on Bayo 2 since it launched. Many reported the game was sold out or close to sold out at retail in its first week.

Bayo2 debuted at over 12k, whereas DKC debuted at 8k and Hyrule Warriors debuted at over 15k. Both sold about 3-4k their 2nd week and remained in the top 40 their 2nd week. I think the previously thought very best case scenario was that  Bayo 2 could match DKC in sales potential and that's what they shipped to -- however those expectations were clearly beat very quickly.

Nope. Bayo is far more niche than DK and even Hyrule (Zelda attachment). 2k is in the area of the 3-4k second weeks of Hyrule and DK. If those games had like 8k second weeks I'd be inclined to agree.

RolStoppable said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Its nice to see a non Nintendo Wii U game at the top of the chart.

Huh? Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo game.

It began development before they began to fund it, all the work was done by Platinum and Bayonetta is not a Nintendo IP.

OK its nice to see non Mario, Donkey Kong or Wii Sports Nintendo game at the top of the chart.

Seece said:
fleischr said:

Nope. Bayo is far more niche than DK and even Hyrule (Zelda attachment). 2k is in the area of the 3-4k second weeks of Hyrule and DK. If those games had like 8k second weeks I'd be inclined to agree.

2k likely would still put it on the UK top 40 though.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Seece said:
fleischr said:

2k likely would still put it on the UK top 40 though.

Not according to our charts, remember software is rising now as well.