By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Bayonetta 2 do well? (Updated with EU numbers)

How much will Bayonetta 2 sell LT?

Less than 500k! 116 17.85%

500k+ 99 15.23%

600k+ 59 9.08%

700k+ 60 9.23%

800k+ 57 8.77%

900k+ 37 5.69%

More than 1 million! 220 33.85%

Total:648

Sad that a lot of people seem to be celebrating a critically acclaimed game selling poorly.

When did we stop being actual gamers?

Around the Network
Sharu said:
curl-6 said:

Can't believe some people are still bitter haha.

Yeah, amazing!

I think people overestimate how much people wanted Bayo 2 on XB1 and PS4 ... the first one had low opening numbers, this one has low opening numbers. Not many people are interested in this franchise whatever platform it's on seemingly.

You people know that that 70k number for Bayonetta 2 is just a guess of one of NeoGaf member, don´t you? The NPD report not even mention Bayonetta 2, Driveclub or Sunset Overdrive sales, they didn´t chart among the top 10..... check the first pages of the given topic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932551

http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/13/october-2014-npd-the-evil-within-sets-records-ps4-xbox-one-still-selling-strong/

TheWPCTraveler said:
I'm disappointed that Nintendo most likely undershipped for Bayonetta 2.

They marketed this game well by Nintendo standards, only to underestimate how well it would sell? Makes just enough sense to confirm that it still in Nintendo.

That seems the case. In my city copies just flew away from shelves in few hours. It was impossible to find the game the day after launch and a new shipment only came 07 days later. Again, it sold out on the same day everywhere.

I knew the game would be hard to find. I preordered to prevent not getting the game. I'm sad that they didn't expect that many sales and were undershipped across the area. I'm sure it led to many digital downloads, but still. I also plan on preordering Xenoblade Chronicles X and maybe even Devil's 3rd. I get the feeling these games will be nigh on impossible to find in physical media later.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Blob said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Overtraaaaaaaaaacked! GAF estimates are around 70K for the US

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932551&page=35

.... and it dropped like a rock in every part of the world. Shipping 400K will be a struggle, let alone 1m

Ive finished the game, its quite good.  How did you find it?

I couldn't find it on the PS4 shelf

I'm sorry for you. Well, it's a nice game, maybe you should keep hoping it will come to PS4.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Seece said:
Sharu said:
curl-6 said:

Can't believe some people are still bitter haha.

Yeah, amazing!

I think people overestimate how much people wanted Bayo 2 on XB1 and PS4 ... the first one had low opening numbers, this one has low opening numbers. Not many people are interested in this franchise whatever platform it's on seemingly.

Agreed.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

retroking1981 said:
Sad that a lot of people seem to be celebrating a critically acclaimed game selling poorly.

When discussion about games became more important than playing the games themselves.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
retroking1981 said:

When discussion about games became more important than playing the games themselves.

Seems to be a trend on this site. Like when borderlands the pre-sequal was released there wasn't even a thread where people could talk about it, last I checked that was a major IP these days and people prefer to try and wind up other fanbases than actually talk about the game.

Blob said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
retroking1981 said:

Seems to be a trend on this site. Like when borderlands the pre-sequal was released there wasn't even a thread where people could talk about it, last I checked that was a major IP these days and people prefer to try and wind up other fanbases than actually talk about the game.

Sad times.