By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Bayonetta 2 do well? (Updated with EU numbers)

How much will Bayonetta 2 sell LT?

Less than 500k! 116 17.85%

500k+ 99 15.23%

600k+ 59 9.08%

700k+ 60 9.23%

800k+ 57 8.77%

900k+ 37 5.69%

More than 1 million! 220 33.85%

Total:648
sabastian said:
I did not even manage to chart. Holiday may help, but I don't see anything above 1m.

Wii-U owners have to support their exclusives.

We do we just all buy it digitally and never gets reported on here.  Games are actually selling 20 to 30 percent higher than vgchartz is claiming.

Around the Network

So it outsold in a few weeks what The Wonderful 101, which has scored 100K sales this year it seems, it tanked in Japan so hard, but still it has managed to sell 50K units as of today, 25K this year. My guess is that Bayonetta will make a similar quantity, 30K-40K next year in Japan.

In UK the game flopped so hard... that's why it has only 5K for its favor, Bayonetta 2 is in a similar situation right now, but still I think it will make 8-10K next year.

So that's for the countries where the game has vanished for the scene.

Now, in the United States it actually debuted much better than other Wii U releases like Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3. We need to know if the game is going to have legs in the States, at least in the level of the games previosly mentioned.

After its first week, Pikmin 3 went from 100K copies to 20K, I'm expecting it wil happen something similar to Bayonetta 2 next week. Still, Pikmin 3 managed to seell 270K copies in the States in 2013, thanks to the holiday season. It's hard to say if Bayonetta 2 will be able to sell even 200K copies by the end of the year in North America, so I'm kinda worried by this aspect.

In 2014, Pikmin 3 has sold 45K copies, about the same I'm expecting for Bayo 2.

So in any case, I'm expecting Bayonetta will sell 150K copies by the end of the year and at least 70K next year. This would mean 470K, which is not good, I think.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Not too shabby at all.

This one will be interesting to track to say the least, due to the different circumstances. In some regions (Europe), the first is only bundled with the second in a special double pack. But in the US you get both standard, so logically the US should have the better legs, especially in brick-and-mortar retailers where the offer can catch people's eyes. Smash draws in a fairly diverse group, so this holiday could help sales a good bit.

I do have a question: in Europe, is the digital offer (buy both Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 and discounts make it the same price as a single game) available? If so, that could skew a number of potential customers towards digital sales.

Anyway, still has a shot at a million (with digital), but it will likely be a long time coming.

Hard to say. But it definitely deserves it. The last time I played a game that felt this good was probably Metroid Prime and that's my favourite game of all time.

Meh, it's okay in the US where it's just 20k under the combined sales of the first game. Europe is not so good though, selling half of the original. Sure, there's the userbase argument, but this game had the genefit of being well known. Moreover, I expect the game to be heavily front-loaded. I'm afraid it won't do more than 600k.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
Seece said:
Mr Khan said:
Couldn't have expected much better. She'll get to a respectable level if Nintendo can keep pushing through the holiday.

They should do a

Bayo + 101 bundle (latter would be cheap for Nintendo to bundle)

Wii U Platinum Edition? I like the sound of that xD

Do two versions, one with Bay1+2 physical, W101 digital and the other a limited edition with physical on all three.  Customize the Wii U in some way.  Silver maybe?  Or maybe some Bayonetta branding?  We can dream right?

I really, really, REALLY hope it does. You can do it Bayonetta!

As of now, I am predicting 600k+. You never know if this will drop like a rock after Christmas.

nice

Nuvendil said:
RavenXtra said:
Seece said:
Mr Khan said:
Couldn't have expected much better. She'll get to a respectable level if Nintendo can keep pushing through the holiday.

They should do a

Bayo + 101 bundle (latter would be cheap for Nintendo to bundle)

Wii U Platinum Edition? I like the sound of that xD

Do two versions, one with Bay1+2 physical, W101 digital and the other a limited edition with physical on all three.  Customize the Wii U in some way.  Silver maybe?  Or maybe some Bayonetta branding?  We can dream right?

They could make it the same color as the limited edition platinum GameCube

Would make for a very strange looking GamePad, that's for sure xD

Yeah, it might look a bit odd. But hey, sometimes odd can look good.

For example, I am still waiting to see this http://www.gamnesia.com/images/uploads/wii_u_special_moonfall_edition_by_sharindan_dragon-d5sqtwy.jpg .

Say what you want about purple (I'm not a huge fan myself), but that. is. AWESOME. I want it! :O

Good numbers. It's at least gonna sell over 500,000 LTD.