By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The games industry needs to do more to protect women from online trolling."

Tagged games:

I think they should give this whole protect women BS a rest.

I get trolled online just the same for being black and african. Simply cause in most cases I choose to put my country of origin flag when the opportunity s given. These guys go as far as finding out what flag that is and resorting to calling me names like monkey or some stereotypical BS.

If ANYONE wants to game online, you just have to put up with the fact that while online you will always find the most ignorant, vile assholes on the planet. Women are no exception.

Around the Network

urghhhh
geez people are allowed to be assholes

Intrinsic said:
I think they should give this whole protect women BS a rest.

I get trolled online just the same for being black and african. Simply cause in most cases I choose to put my country of origin flag when the opportunity s given. These guys go as far as finding out what flag that is and resorting to calling me names like monkey or some stereotypical BS.

If ANYONE wants to game online, you just have to put up with the fact that while online you will always find the most ignorant, vile assholes on the planet. Women are no exception.

It's too bad we can't upvote comments here, because I would keep mashing the upvote button on this comment!

People on the Internet are assholes. No other way around it. It's mostly to do with the anonymity.

People will always try to find something different about someone, then hate them for that reason. Whether it's because their game console of choice is different, or their skin color is different, or if they have a different set of reproductive organs, people will always try to find something.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

No, the games industry doesn't need to do ANYTHING in that regard.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
Women need to the protected? What's this, 1800?
Men suffer a lot from the same thing, where are the people [that would] saying men need to the protected?

Over there playing and not giving a single fuck about it, like everyone should.

Around the Network

You freaking kidding? What about the rampant homophobia and racism that is incredibly more prevalent than trolling women (half the time it's just horny teenagers coming onto them, not an attack on their "minority" status) ??

Young gay men are the highest among suicide rates, not women.

Nope... Women can take care of them selves just like all people do. The last we need is to implement nazis mods everywhere that will ban u if you look at them funny cause that's the only way I see that this will ever work.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Seece said:

You freaking kidding? What about the rampant homophobia and racism that is incredibly more prevalent than trolling women (half the time it's just horny teenagers coming onto them, not an attack on their "minority" status) ??

Young gay men are the highest among suicide rates, not women.

So much this. Women want to know what online harrasment is? Make a profile claiming to be gay or middle eastern.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RolStoppable said:
Women need to be protected in order to fulfill their roles as damsels in distress.

No no, women aren't damsels in distress. They are strong and independent, unless they're on the internet.

Actually, It seems super sexist to say that women need to be protected online...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I have no doubt women get attacked just for being women and that is wrong. However, from my experience it does not matter what you are you will get attacked. You "suck", they "rule", and they're going to hurt you and establish their dominance. Even if you win in the game it is false and you are somehow cheating them from their rightful place of alpha.

These are petulant children lashing out in their dull witted tantrums. If you're a women, or different race, or homosexual, that is just a quick hate short cut for them to hurl their abuse at you. Personally big part of why never bother anymore with online play, it adds nothing of value and make me into a misanthrope.