By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will we see a new PS controller?

Like other have said, and been ignored by the whiners, why fix what isn't broken. They could tweak it a bit but the boomerang was way to big of a change. I think they should just make it a touch wider (and probably taller to stay in proportion) but that is all. They most definitely don't need a new controller every generation like Nintendo likes to do and even Microsoft realized the value of the way the Dual Shock was laid out when they moved the black and white buttons.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
Like other have said, and been ignored by the whiners, why fix what isn't broken.

Oops, I forgot to assign a negative label to anyone who disagrees with my opinion.

Like other have said, and been ignored by the whiners, why fix what isn't broken.

Because A) a lot of us think it is broken, and B) this is the games industry, and we expect ongoing evolution and improvement. Two-button controllers weren't broken either. Neither were 16-bit graphics and 4-channel midi music. Maybe we should have just stuck with those too?

Yeah Sony need new design. The controller feels awkward now. It's not quite as ergonomical as 360's. And The left analog is out of place. Well at least they stole the trigger idea for this gen.

Move the Analogue stick to where the D-Pad is, rename the buttons to b a and x y i dont care if its copying its better. Havent used a PS3 pad yet but one set of shoulder buttons should be normal like the PS2 pad and one set move down like the cube pad, not at an angle like the X-Box pads i get my skin caught in the gaps when i lift them up.