By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will we see a new PS controller?

Hmm... never?

Around the Network

Why mess with perfection?

(Just in case you couldn't tell that was a joke)

I couldn't imagine them sticking with that weird first designed controller for the PS3, and they didn't, however, I can see them changing their next console's controller slightly, to improve comfort.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

It must be the same, leave it. It's one of the best controllers ever, shouldn't mess with that.

Around the Network

One of the reasons my friend bought a 360 because he thought the PS3 was gonna have that stupid round controller...idiot.

I still love the PS controller for platformers and since PSX has awesome platformers why change it?

This gen won't see a redesign, next gen they'll copy the Wii controller.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

The Playstation controller is great for everything except FPS games, all they need to do is sort out the triggers, maybe make it wider on the back and it will be perfect.

PDF said:
Who likes the 360 triggers and their frag buttons more than the PS R1,R2,L1,L2?

I prefer shooting with R1 well over the triggers on the 360 and I think the frag buttons are way to high up on the 360. It is ackward to hit them. I also love the R2 button for driving games.
I just want one of left analog stick where the d-pad is. I think that is the only real advantage the 360 controller has on fps.

360 controller sucks!

Bad shoulder buttons, bad joysticks, bad d-pad and bad buttons.

I think it would be better to just seperate the joysticks on the PS3 controller so it would be better for FPSs. 

I think the 360 controller is great! I love the triggers for racers and fps, but I also like the PS3 controller. Speaking of which, I haven't used one in quite sometime.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits