By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most OPed/Broken character(s) in VG history?

Zell from FF8 is ridiculously overpowered. I could almost take out Omega weapon in one limit break sequence. On average I would be doing about 9999 damage per attack and anywhere between 30-40 attacks per limit break.

Around the Network
Branko2166 said:

Zell from FF8 is ridiculously overpowered. I could almost take out Omega weapon in one limit break sequence. On average I would be doing about 9999 damage per attack and anywhere between 30-40 attacks per limit break.

Yeah, most people I know didn't like Zell, but I could always do a massive amount of damage with Zell while Squall's Lionheart was random.  Depending which move Zell started with, you get to one of three moves then you could repeat them over and over.

--

Here are my choices for most OP characters.  Thundergod Cid from Final Fantasy Tactics, also known as Orlandu

Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza.  On Yakuza 1-3 he's the only one you play as so you can't really compare him to anyone else.  On Yakuza 4 since there are additional characters you now have others to compare him to and he's easily the best of the four.

A fully armed Ratchet from R&C would be a worthy contender for that title :p The RYNO V + Groovitron always makes for an entertaining few minutes.

I always get a chuckle from reading this:

"Ryno V - Some have written songs about it. Others have written poetry. Some claim they have a friend whose second cousin Chantelle dated a fat guy named Lester who saw one once at a party back in college. Truth is, this weapon was unanimously voted "Most Likely to End Life as We Know It" and blacklisted eons ago."

justgames7604 said:
Asura is the only right answer here. he can destroy planet sized gods with his wrath.

Exactly, there aren't much people as powerful as him.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
justgames7604 said:
Asura is the only right answer here. he can destroy planet sized gods with his wrath.

Exactly, there aren't much people as powerful as him.

Did some research on this Asura guy, looks quite powerful indeed. Too bad his games don't look as epic as he is to play...

Around the Network

Kratos and Bayonetta... I never felt challenged, even by The Gods.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

kupomogli said:
Branko2166 said:

Yeah, most people I know didn't like Zell, but I could always do a massive amount of damage with Zell while Squall's Lionheart was random.  Depending which move Zell started with, you get to one of three moves then you could repeat them over and over.

Pretty much. Just keep repeating same 3 moves until the counter is about to expire then perform a finishing move. And while Lionheart is awesome as you say its randomness limits the effectiveness.

Meta fucking Knight...... in Brawl at least. I haven't played Smash 3DS.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Zekkyou said:

A fully armed Ratchet from R&C would be a worthy contender for that title :p The RYNO V + Groovitron always makes for an entertaining few minutes.

I always get a chuckle from reading this:

"Ryno V - Some have written songs about it. Others have written poetry. Some claim they have a friend whose second cousin Chantelle dated a fat guy named Lester who saw one once at a party back in college. Truth is, this weapon was unanimously voted "Most Likely to End Life as We Know It" and blacklisted eons ago."

Ratchet in tools of destruction was game breaking. I had unlimited groovitron capacity after purchasing the silver one. Combine that with the Rhyno and you're more or less invincible :)

kupomogli said:

Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza.  On Yakuza 4 since there are additional characters you now have others to compare him to and he's easily the best of the four.

Heh, the game itself compares them. Although it is never shown if Kazuma could really beat Saejima.