By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can anyone say to me why nintendo shos us a grpahic and than they use another in ZELDA U??

mZuzek said:
Norris2k said:

Not to tell that someone is right to base his expectations on a tech demo, but what is wrong with Nintendo to show that "we now have the power to deliver an high quality and realistic graphics in HD for Zelda" and deliver a totally different, cartoonish zelda... again ?

Please tell me exactly how Zelda Wii U looks like a cartoon.

I'm not sure I get you. Let's try. Ok, for example, his shirt is blue with about 3 shades of blue. And his face has about 3 colors. His face skin is perfectly smooth. You know, just like a cartoon. You can see Alice in wonderland from Disney (1951), Dragon Ball, and they would look like that. Because, you know, they are cartoons.  Could you please tell me how it doesn't look like a cartoon ?

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:
It's sad people are more talking about the marketing potential of a graphic style rather than on the feeling the game will create with its own unique world.

A game can have a unique world even with realistic graphics.

From what I have seen, no.

You haven't played many realistic games then, as I expected.

GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:
GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:
It's sad people are more talking about the marketing potential of a graphic style rather than on the feeling the game will create with its own unique world.

Neither of those Zelda's have realistic graphics.... Just figure I'd point it out.

GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:
GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:

They are just generic, usually using two or three shade of grey and dark grey.

From the OP you can clearly spell the word Graphic so it isn't for lack of English that the thread title has a typo in it... or 2, also Nintendo is a company name and doesn't change by region, your misspelling is therefore not down to language but just lack of care in writing.

As for the graphics of a game being changed during development... that is what development is.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Deeds said:
curl-6 said:

I wasn't talking about personal preference, I was talking about commercial appeal in the current market. 

You are posting non-sense. What commercial appeal are you talking about? Pokemon has commercial appeal and it has so-called "kiddy" graphics.

The market for Pokemon is not the same as the (potential) market for Zelda. A toon Zelda only appeals to existing fans. A Zelda in the style of the tech demo would have attracted gamers who will now avoid it.

This is just coming from personal opinion, but I respect companies who don't cave and give in to the mainstream "dude bro" gamer that has plagued the industry for the last 5-7 years.  Companies chasing after these fans is why the first person shooter genre is now nothing but CoD and Battlefield clones. It's why JRPGs are all but gone, or have stripped away much of what made them what they were (Final Fantasy XIII). It's why the industry takes less risks. It's why everything colourful and interesting is shunned in favour of grey and brown and shooting and explosions.

Sure, the industry is more mainstream now than it ever was.  But for a lot of people who were there from the beginning, that isn't necessarily a good thing.

bigtakilla said:
GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:
GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Neither of those Zelda's have realistic graphics.... Just figure I'd point it out.

The tech demo didn't have reaistic characters but the environments definitely looked a bit realistic. The new one looks like an anime, a good-looking one, but its still like a cartoon.

GTAexpert said:
bigtakilla said:

The tech demo didn't have reaistic characters but the environments definitely looked a bit realistic. The new one looks like an anime, a good-looking one, but its still like a cartoon.

I thought the discussion was about the appearance of Link. I'll see my way out then.

Lucas-Rio said:
GTAexpert said:

There is more to a setting in a game than the colour palette, you know, something called level design and atmosphere.

Anyways games with realistic graphics have a more varied colour palette than what you give them credit for.

GTAexpert said:
Lucas-Rio said:
GTAexpert said:

There is more to a setting in a game than the colour palette, you know, something called level design and atmosphere.

Anyways games with realistic graphics have a more varied colour palette than what you give them credit for.

Colour is extremely important.

Grey games are bland, generic, in spite of their level design. Color is the most important parameters of how a game look. It also sets the atmosphere.