By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can anyone say to me why nintendo shos us a grpahic and than they use another in ZELDA U??

Deeds said:
curl-6 said:

I wasn't talking about personal preference, I was talking about commercial appeal in the current market. 

You are posting non-sense. What commercial appeal are you talking about? Pokemon has commercial appeal and it has so-called "kiddy" graphics.

The market for Pokemon is not the same as the (potential) market for Zelda. A toon Zelda only appeals to existing fans. A Zelda in the style of the tech demo would have attracted gamers who will now avoid it.

Around the Network

The older is a tech demo. They had not decided on what art they wished to use for the next Zelda, but they wanted to show off the tech on the WiiU.

I think showing an example of a potentially upcoming game is the wrong choice for them, because it does create expectations. Perhaps they should just use generic stuff. But really it just means that whatever demo they show at a console's launch, don't expect the next game in the franchise to look like that.

I, for one, am very happy about the visual upgrade to the new style (;

curl-6 said:
Deeds said:
curl-6 said:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I actually like the new style. Not as much as the epic tech demo style, but it's still very appealing.

Unfortunately, in today's market, many people will now skip it because it looks too "kiddy".

So Link should get a voice where he swears every 10 seconds, shoots a ak47 and throws grenades at moblins and have bood splatter everywhere? No thanks.

I must have missed that part of the 2011 Zelda tech demo, can you show it to me?

I dont think you even understand what you are posting.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Twilight Princess was essentially an apology for Wind Waker, after the latter delivered something nobody ever asked for.

And it was still miles better than Twilight Princess ever hoped of being.

To be honest I'm really glad they didn't go for the realistic artstyle this time and in my opinion Zelda Wii U is easily the prettiest game I've seen so far. Yes, I'm talking every game ever there. Is it technically impressive? I don't know and couldn't care less, but it does look very beautiful. Also, in response to the OP, they never changed the graphics - it was always a tech demo and they even said several times that the real game could look nothing like that.

I'm just grateful we're not getting Ocarina of Time 3 (or Twilight Princess 2, whatever you might wanna name it) and instead they're making another unique, special Zelda like Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were. It's especially refreshing when you consider that the latest game in the franchise has no personality either.

I wasn't talking about personal preference, I was talking about commercial appeal in the current market. 

We are the current market, the loyalists, the number of sales would probably not double because of the art style, this will just miss a little bit of actual buyers. Anyone who ever considered buying a Wii U because of a Zelda, would still buy even with this art style.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
curl-6 said:

We are the current market, the loyalists

Unfortunately, the loyalists are not enough. If Nintendo only sells to the loyalists, they'll be extinct within a decade. They need to expand their player base.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Deeds said:
curl-6 said:

You are posting non-sense. What commercial appeal are you talking about? Pokemon has commercial appeal and it has so-called "kiddy" graphics.

The market for Pokemon is not the same as the (potential) market for Zelda. *snip*

What? Zelda and Pokemon are both made by Nintendo and they sometimes are on the same hardware (3DS). Yuck. You're just a waste of time.

One is a tech demo to show off the power of hardware, the other is an actual game.

Anyone getting hyped for a game looking like the tech demo does so at their own expense.

Actively spreading the notion that Nintendo are "hyping" one game but "changing" it to look like something else is simply bad form though, as they are doing nothing of the sort.

Deeds said:

What? Zelda and Pokemon are both made by Nintendo and they sometimes are on the same hardware (3DS). Yuck. You're just a awste of time.

But they are different genres, and have the potential to reach very different kinds of gamers. There are gamers who would never touch Pokemon with a ten foot pole but would have bought a darker styled modern Zelda.

mZuzek said:

Also, Paper Mario and Metroid are both made by Nintendo and are sometimes on the same hardware, that doesn't mean they both have the same target audience. Not even remotely.

Good point.

One could even go a step further and say Wii Fit and Metroid Prime 3. Both made by NIntendo, both Wii games, very different audience.

mZuzek said:
Deeds said:

What? Zelda and Pokemon are both made by Nintendo and they sometimes are on the same hardware (3DS). Yuck. You're just a awste of time.

Bold part is false.

Also, Paper Mario and Metroid are both made by Nintendo and are sometimes on the same hardware, that doesn't mean they both have the same target audience. Not even remotely.

??? Not really. The publisher plays a huge role in the "making" process. The Pokemon Company is essentially Nintendo owned.