By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can anyone say to me why nintendo shos us a grpahic and than they use another in ZELDA U??

I do miss gritty Zelda a la TP, but y most Zeldas are solid gamed and graphics usually don't make a diffetence for me. I like the E3 Zelda style but I hope it doesn't get more cartoony like SS

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Skidmore said:
curl-6 said:

I wasn't talking about personal preference, I was talking about commercial appeal in the current market. 

We are the current market, the loyalists

Unfortunately, the loyalists are not enough. If Nintendo only sells to the loyalists, they'll be extinct within a decade. They need to expand their player base.

I fully agree with you, but this gen that possibility was lost the moment Nintendo released the Wii U with dated specs... The people complaining about Assassin Creed being 900p would never buy a Wii U as it is. Which is the main reason I'm telling you, different art style would be no better for Zelda Sales. It isn't even an IP that attracts them, Nintendo must assemble western teams to create IPs like The order, Bloodborne, The last of us, that would expand its user base.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

The tech demo was easy to make because they simply adapted the Twilight Princess style to HD. As Aonuma confirmed when Wind Waker HD was announced, they were also experimenting with various art styles while in the process of designing a brand new art style for the new Zelda game. They were very upfront about this from the outset, never ever suggesting that the game would resemble the tech demo. The new art style has much more effort put into it than the tech demo, and it shows, as the new style is significantly more visually appealing.

I wish everyone would simply accept a much better-looking game than the one they think they were promised.

mZuzek said:
Deeds said:

??? Not really. The publisher plays a huge role in the "making" process. The Pokemon Company is essentially Nintendo owned.

Still not made by Nintendo. Game Freak are the only developers of main series Pokémon titles.

By your logic, Lexuses are not made by Toyota. You deserve a Nobel Prize. But again, why do "some" want Zelda to be a "mature" title all of a sudden? Even Twilight Princess had the very typical Nintendo quirkyness me and alot of people love.

LOL! If you want to play gritty "Zelda" go play Darksiders II, you know, that game the now bankrupt THQ made.

Skidmore said:
curl-6 said:

Unfortunately, the loyalists are not enough. If Nintendo only sells to the loyalists, they'll be extinct within a decade. They need to expand their player base.

I fully agree with you, but this gen that possibility was lost the moment Nintendo released the Wii U with dated specs... The people complaining about Assassin Creed being 900p would never buy a Wii U as it is. Which is the main reason I'm telling you, different art style would be no better for Zelda Sales. It isn't even an IP that attracts them, Nintendo must assemble western teams to create IPs like The order, Bloodborne, The last of us, that would expand its user base.

Now this I fully agree with you on.

I still think however that a lot of gamers who shun Nintendo today played Ocarina in their youth, and could be lured back by a Zelda that didn't have the stigma of what they percieve as "kiddy".

Around the Network
Skidmore said:
curl-6 said:
Clyde32 said:
The one from 2011 was a Demo Ocarina of Time had one, Wind Waker had one and now Zelda U has one. Every time they get new hardware they show what they can do with Zelda.

And then follow up with a game that fails to utilise this potential. At least on the case of this and Wind Waker.

They did, it was called Twilight Princess, which was far superior to that Tech Demo... Tech Demo that wasn't even as impressive as WW..

Seriously curl?? Look at this thing again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF9Utdu-L0

For the record those were epic graphics for that time... every nintendo fan was hyped for that game... Zelda fan or not...

mZuzek said:

Thread over.

If only.

They probably do it for several reasons.

- They don't want to ruin the surprise later on.
- It's quicker and cheaper to create a demo based off previous ideas
- They may not have even decided what graphic style to use at that point. They probably begun work on the Wiiu Zelda demo a year before the system even launched.
- it's basically a unique situation where one game franchise has various graphic styles.. 

curl-6 said:
Because Eiji Aonuma has a fetish for toon shading and is in denial about the fact that it's not what the market wants.

THIS x10...

All do respect to the LoZ: Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks (Epic Zelda's especially Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap) I seriously feel those Zelda's should be reserved for like the 2nd Entry in a Nintendo consoles Life span. Think about it... there's a reason why Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time sold over 19.5 million units combined... While their cartoon looking counterparts sold only 15.35 Million combining all 4...

I don´t know man.. I actually prefer the new style to the other one. Like, I like it A LOT more.