By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can anyone say to me why nintendo shos us a grpahic and than they use another in ZELDA U??

GTAexpert said:
bigtakilla said:
I think everyone here who isn't in awe of the amount of detail that has been put into the actual Legend Of Zelda Wii U game is crazy. Every blade of grass seems to blow individually in the wind, the embers, plumes of smoke, and kicked up dirt coming off of the grass that have been caught on fire with the monster's laser eye, the entirety of the Epona animation, the fog and the clouds rolling in (and actually changing shape and density), to just how many things between the butterflies, and villagers, and goats were on screen. I'm blown away by it, cell shaded or not.

Its pretty detailed, but that's not the point of this thread. It looks more detailed than the tech demo, but that's not all that the OP wants it to be.

True enough, but not many people are actually discussing the topic. It's wound up turning into a cell shaded vs "realistic" discussion as usual. I was just giving my two cents on that side of the discussion.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
prayformojo said:
I have no idea why they do it. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson with WW.

They did. Windwaker is the best Zelda of all time. The remake proved that people still love it. He did it again. The reception has been overwhelmingly positive. 

If the remake proved that WW was the most loved Zelda game ever then it would have sold the most copies... ever. How old were you when WW launched? I was 23, not a child and believe me, the internet did NOT love it. Kids loved it, but the gaming community didn't. It only sold 4 million copies (OOT nearly 8 million) and the remake barely sold a 1 million.

The revisionist history on the WW is laughable imo. 

prayformojo said:

If the remake proved that WW was the most loved Zelda game ever then it would have sold the most copies... ever. How old were you when WW launched? I was 23, not a child and believe me, the internet did NOT love it. Kids loved it, but the gaming community didn't. It only sold 4 million copies (OOT nearly 8 million) and the remake barely sold a 1 million.

The revisionist history on the WW is laughable imo. 

I never said that the remake proved that it was the most loved. One out of every 7 owners owning a copy of a remake isn't laughable. It's a testament. The fact is that your talking about old news. The gaming community loves WW now, and actively criticizes the past for it's reaction to the game. The proof is in the media.

prayformojo said:

If the remake proved that WW was the most loved Zelda game ever then it would have sold the most copies... ever. 

Not really, since sales are also affected by userbase, marketing and price. Among other things.

Not saying it is the most loved zelda. Just pointing no one can really say if it is or not.
That said, i feel that people love wind waker very much nowdays too. Both the press and users of forum/sites/blogs/youtubers.

Goremichel said:

you can see there 2 kinds of graphics, below the first graphic of the zelda U, a perfect cool and super graphic. but why nitnedo do use now another graphic, a "more simple" graphic? or are these two graphics 2 diffrent zelda games??? I dont understand whats going on in the hood of nintendo o.O

This is because that early demo was a tech demo and not a formally announced Zelda game. Realistic visuals tend to be the preferred method for showing off tech demos.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Goremichel said:

you can see there 2 kinds of graphics, below the first graphic of the zelda U, a perfect cool and super graphic. but why nitnedo do use now another graphic, a "more simple" graphic? or are these two graphics 2 diffrent zelda games??? I dont understand whats going on in the hood of nintendo o.O

Hang on a moment. Am I seeing something wrong or something?

The bottom one is blurred and textured, whereas the top one is crisp and full of detail. The top one looks like an entire generation ahead of the bottom one. I'm not the only one seeing that right?

This time...........it looks amazing anyway!

I think the demo things are them testing ground, before they decided on what style.

mZuzek said:
Cream147 said:

Hang on a moment. Am I seeing something wrong or something?

The bottom one is blurred and textured, whereas the top one is crisp and full of detail. The top one looks like an entire generation ahead of the bottom one. I'm not the only one seeing that right?

The bottom one is darker, less colorful and for some reason "realistic", so it looks infinitely better.

Also, the blur he is referring to is partly due to it being an off-screen pic of the demo.  Nintendo never released actual footage of this demo to my knowledge, and likely for this *exact* reason.  The official Nintendo tech demo on their public channels was the one with the cherry tree and the fish and bird. 

Goremichel said:

One was a tech demo produced to show off the potential capabilities of their new system (the Zelda theming just helps people relate to it more). The other is an actual game in development for the same system which is looking like the finest (and most boundary pushing) 3D Zelda since Ocarina of Time.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

mZuzek said:

I never saw cel-shading on those old disney movies though. 

Well, technically, the whole term "cel shading" is a reference to the "cels" used in animations like Disney's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_animation#Cels