By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If you thought MCC was an excellent deal...

Blob said:
Chris Hu said:
Blob said:
shame the collection makes you download the psp titles. I really hate when they release physical collections and some of the games arent on the disc

Well the MCC has a day one 20GB patch so its actually worse then downloading those two psp titles. 

Yeah im not looking forward to that on Australian Internet.... But thats for multiplayer so I can take it or leave it, at least the single player games themselves are on disc. Im not hating on GOW collection, it just hate having to download games after I buy them and prefer to have them on discs. Until that happens ill just hold onto the GOW collection 1/2 and GOW3 discs seperately.

Those two games where pretty good though.  But I think the file sizes should have been a lot smaller Chains of Olympus is 7.5 GB and Ghost of Sparta is 9.3 GB I guess the audio on both games got a huge upgrade since graphically they don't look better then the remastered versions of 1 and 2.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Bman54 said:
Oh man, I was so confused there thinking you meant Gears of War Saga.

Same, was shocked when I seen it listed under Sony discussion. That coulda been a Jaw drop collection on the playstation platform, God of Wars sex QTEs tho... not really on par with Halo 1-4 imo.

Halo MCC is offering gamers a chance to go from X360 > X1 and have a ton of content they know to be great, 4 campaigns, crazy amounts of co-op gameplay, remastered Halo 1+2, online play over all the games maps, Online play in Halo 1 maps [I think for the first time (not including PC)]  for the price of a single game.

God of War collection is offering games which have been bundled up in packs before for the PSvita/ps3 and in total the God of War series of games combined has less than 25m sales over 10+ games, the last game selling just 1.9m in 2013. By contrast Halo as a franchise can topple that figure with just H3+reach combined. Even the hated Halo wars managed to sell 2.4m just on the series name alone.

I didn't even notice it being in the Sony discussion. :P That would've been a better clue.

Did you really just compare a pack of four games, two of them being remasters, and about 100mp maps with upscaled GoW trilogy ?

This is a good deal, and the reason I picked it up a few months ago. I think the reason people are saying the Halo MCC is such a good deal (myself included), is because it was remade specifically for the current gen. Compare it to the competitions remasters for this gen. It is a much better deal in terms of sheer content to price ratio. When Sony decides to put all the Uncharted's on a disc and remaster them to 1080p 60fps, with a beta access to uncharted 4, and possibly trailer to Uncharted movie, Then it will get all the fanfare it deserves, rightfully so. Halo is the flagship IP for the Xbox, the major reason people game on Xbox, no reason to downplay it.

none of them were remade doe they havent even been up-resed

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
platformmaster918 said:
iceland said:
I'm going to assume this is a joke thread.

Somewhat.  I just hate how much is being made about MCC when I believe there are many collections of similar value out there.  Is it a great value?  Sure it is, but it's not unheard of.

First and foremost, quit hatin!

Put value aside, just accept people are excited to play these Halo games with a visual boost and their original multiplayer.

Fine be excited but don't go hating on every other collection by acting all high and mighty about your halo one!  They trash on everything else saying the value is not comparable.  It's ridiculous.  Let's tone down the hyperbole

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

plip.plop said:
This is a good deal, and the reason I picked it up a few months ago. I think the reason people are saying the Halo MCC is such a good deal (myself included), is because it was remade specifically for the current gen. Compare it to the competitions remasters for this gen. It is a much better deal in terms of sheer content to price ratio. When Sony decides to put all the Uncharted's on a disc and remaster them to 1080p 60fps, with a beta access to uncharted 4, and possibly trailer to Uncharted movie, Then it will get all the fanfare it deserves, rightfully so. Halo is the flagship IP for the Xbox, the major reason people game on Xbox, no reason to downplay it.

see above post.  It's trying to put it on some sort of pedestal that annoys me.  You didn't see me going around blowing the horn of this or Ratchet and Clank collection when they were announced.  I said they were ALL great values!

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

jlmurph2 said:
platformmaster918 said:
iceland said:
I'm going to assume this is a joke thread.

Somewhat.  I just hate how much is being made about MCC when I believe there are many collections of similar value out there.  Is it a great value?  Sure it is, but it's not unheard of.

And you think GOW is on the same level as Halo?

Well I like Halo...but I LOVE GoW and find it to be more replayable.  I've played through all the Halo games before except ODST and Halo Wars and it's a solid FPS just not my genre.  My point was to make it evident that this is not anything new or groundbreaking and should stop being put on a pedestal and this ridiculous separation from anything on any other platform.  Stop hating on the other HD collections!  They're ALL great values! that isn't directed at you specifically just a general statement to the people I've seen on this site and others trying to say how it puts all other gaming values to shame

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Well, GoW is a good series, but it doesn't come close to Halo in terms of story, multiplayer and superiority within its genre. A DMC collection would be another matter though...

Puppyroach said:
Well, GoW is a good series, but it doesn't come close to Halo in terms of story, multiplayer and superiority within its genre. A DMC collection would be another matter though...

DMC also had a comparable colleciton to Halo MCC.  It had 3 games in 1080p 60fps for $40.  That's $20 extra for one game.  As I have said multiple times now this precedent has been set.  It's a great value to be sure but is it unprecedented?  Nope

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers