By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

DonFerrari said:
Today is the day when all is revealed.

Did I say it was today? Can you quote me on that?

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
We will have to wait and see what happens in the rest of the year. In theory XOne still has the advantage in the U.S. with Halo 5, Tomb Raider etc.

Tomb Raider is a non issue to me that game wont sell consoles. Halo 5 I think is having to much faith placed on it. Espicially to say X1 still has an advantage this year.

How do you explain the fact that you can't do math?

method114 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
We will have to wait and see what happens in the rest of the year. In theory XOne still has the advantage in the U.S. with Halo 5, Tomb Raider etc.

Tomb Raider is a non issue to me that game wont sell consoles. Halo 5 I think is having to much faith placed on it. Espicially to say X1 still has an advantage this year.

If people think Mortal Kombat will sell consoles, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 definently will.

super6646 said:
method114 said:

If people think Mortal Kombat will sell consoles, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 definently will.

Tomb Raider is a large question mark considering most of the fanbase is on Playstation.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:
Today is the day when all is revealed.

Did I say it was today? Can you quote me on that?

Well TECHNICALLY you said and I quote "by the end of this week" so that means by tomorrow......so you still have 1 day left.

This was you actual quote made 3 days ago "I will reveal the secret by the end of this week, I have to make up proof to show you that I didn't make it up becauase my prediction didn't go according to my plan and that I actually have planned this from the start."

The highlighted is actually funny. You saying you have to make something up to show that you didn't make something up. That is funny lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

Tomb Raider is a large question mark considering most of the fanbase is on Playstation.

But by Xmas those games on XBO will need to push alot of consoles to close the gap again.... 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

potato_hamster said:
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

His math accepts 70%=90% or reducing the gap growth as reducing the gap.

Total X1s sold in the US : 6846751

Total PS4s sold in the US : 7634660

6846751/7634660 = ~ 0.9087 

0.9087 * 100 = ~ 90.9 %.

X1 never dropped below 90 % in the US, it actually increased by a bit the gap, went from 90 % to 90.1 yesterday, and it shrinked a bit, 90.8 % now.

Thank you.

To

It appears Math is not your strong point. Using your own numbers, let's do some basic math, shall we?

6846751/7634660 = 0.8968 (rounded up)

0.8968 * 100 = 89.7% (rounded up).

The X1 HAS dropped below 90% in the US even with your faulty logic. Not only has it not be able to decrease the overall sales gap, but the rate at which the gap is increasing has actually increased.

Way to captain the failboat.

Had to try this out myself

so 

6,846,751.00 / 7,634,660.00 = 0.8967984166943911

Converting to percentage 

0.8967984166943911 x 100 = 89.67984166943911%

hmmm... either 2 people are wrong or one person just plain sucks ass at math. 

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

Care to explain how that will allow x1 to pass ps4 by march 20th give or take 20 days?

And your percentage is off.

My percentages are not off.

Also in math when people compare numbers a certain approximation and variation is allowed.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(%CE%B5,_%CE%B4)-definition_of_limit

as well as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinality

And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_O_notation

X1 is matching the PS4 sales in the US, and that's what I've claimed it will do.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheDrill said:
Zanten said:
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

Looking at it and x1 is still bellow ps4.

7 days to April 20th and your complete fall.

still waiting for the secret reveal promissed to March. How will x1 outsell ps4 by 650k in 1 week.

I doubt X1 can outsell the PS4 by 650k in 1 week.

But that doesn't matter since the sales are so close anyway and X1 is competitive in the USA.

And X1 is now 91 % of all PS4 in the US, so it actually decreased the gap from 90 %

Sooooo... given how long this thread has gone on for, forgive me for seeking clarification rather than hunting for some in the thread that may not even be there, but when you say that it doesn't matter, are you saying either;

1) That, okay, your prediction about the Xbox One matching the PS4's sales due to the price cut was ultimately incorrect, as it will evidentially take more than that price cut to achieve it, but in the end it doesn't matter to the console's future because it's still doing very well in the U.S., competitively speaking.

or are you saying,

2) 'No, Guys, 91% is TOTALLY the same as matching, or might as well be, gap doesn't matter, I was right.'

Because the first one I can totally get on board with, the Xbox One IS doing well in the U.S., and is remaining quite competitive. The only real impact its current inability to consistently outsell its competitor therefore has on the whole situation was the outcome of this thread's prediction, which ultimately is no big deal. ^_^ And honestly, I doubt many here would disagree with that assessment, so long as it's at least acknowledged that your specific prediction about sales being matched ultimately turned out incorrect. Heck, if you want to change your prediction to a newer one and change the conditions to 'has to be within x percent,' fine, (kind of think you should have a new thread for that, mind you,) but most of the doubters you're laughing out were doubting the prediction in your OP, which ultimately turned out wrong. ;P

The second one is just really silly, and I feel paranoid for even bringing it up, but I figured getting it out of the way would head off any potential misunderstandings from others who might think you meant 'The Sales Not Matching Doesn't Matter, And My Prediction About The Sales Matching Was Still Correct.' =P Again, really silly, but that's the Internet.

Of course I am aware that the X1 sales are lower than the PS4 sales.

At the same time is is reasonable to assume that a certain percentage of difference between them can be ignored and the sales can be considered quasi-identical .

The truth of the matter is that X1 is extremely competitive in the US and the ammount it is being outsold by the PS4 is not significant.

I don't believe a winner in the US can be named at this point because the X1 can match the PS4 sales any month basically (The same can happen for the PS4 mind you)

Of course this is not the case in Europe or other regions where the PS4 significantly outsells the X1 and it can't recover without a miracle happening.

Thank you.

Quasi-identical?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank