By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So if the XB1 were to outsell the PS4 in Nov NPD and December NPD

This is 2014 updated through September. October should be similar to September. Except it is a 4 week month so I think 300k for PS4 and 230k XB1.

est. 2.8m PS4

est. 1.83m XB1

If we estimate November and December to be massive (holidays lol). Then the PS4 should reach at the very least 1.5m November and December combined. I think realistically it would sell a lot more.

January through October the 3DS sold about 2m. 3DS then sold 1.8m last November and December.

In order for the XB1 to outsell the PS4 it woud have to at the very least outsell its January through October period. This might be possible due to the pricecut, and games that cater to XB1 users.

Another thought is that the PS4 would massively underperform due to people choosing to buy XB1.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

Going to be an exciting two months for sure whoever wins. Can't wait to see how high the numbers get for everyone.

There's no way X1 will be able to take an overall lead. While it has a good chance at November NPD and a decent chance December it won't beat the PS4 by a combined 1 million. I think that the gap will be just over 1 million at the end of the year.

I think the Xbox One could outsell the PS4 in the November NPD. But for December NPD, and worldwide for both months, I think the PS4 will still sell more.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

PS4 will win November NPD. Can't see why it wouldn't.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

The season of Xbox is upon us. November and December are an easy win. Its like watching USA basketball against Brazil or something.

I think it might in November. No chance it wins December and no chance it passes the PS4 in the U.S.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

todd2r said:
The season of Xbox is upon us. November and December are an easy win. Its like watching USA basketball against Brazil or something.

Nah, it'll be more like the this year's World Series. X1 will win November, but will lose December.

The saddest part is we are going to have to wait until December for Novembers numbers and January for Decembers numbers. dat suspense

Thanks jlmurph!

The way i see it is that the absolute best the XB1 will do is sell just as well as the PS4 or slightly better. And by slightly I mean no more than 5-10% more than whatever the PS4 sells in those two months.

People have been buying a PS4 over the XB1 all year, everyone isn't going to just suddenly stop wanting a PS4. And everyone is jumping to conclusions when no one even knows what kinda deals or bargains sony has planned yet. If the PS4 sells 2M consoles in NA for those two months, and the XB1 sells 2.2M... in the grand scheme of things it would mean nothing. Especially if come january the PS4 goes right back to outselling the XB1 again.

For the sake of competition though, I wish the XB1 outsells the PS4 this holiday. I fear if sony wins this holiday in NA, they would become even more complacent than I feel they already are becoming.

And NO. Ther is just no way that the XB1 will sell 1M consoles more than the PS4 this holiday. Does anyone really hink that is even remotely possible?