By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So if the XB1 were to outsell the PS4 in Nov NPD and December NPD

I hope xbox does well in nov and dec otherwise PS4 almost have a monopoly. Still all know the hardware difference is in ps4 favor so xbox need to fight well with games.

Around the Network

Looking at the Amazon top 100 sales, I'd say Xbox has a good chance of winning for the rest of this year... http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_unv_vg_1_6469269011_1

Go xbox, its your birthday!

EoRdE6 said:

Looking at the Amazon top 100 sales, I'd say Xbox has a good chance of winning for the rest of this year... http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_unv_vg_1_6469269011_1

That is hourly ranks.  New things often rise to the top for a short time.  What will matter is if they stay up for a sustained time.

My 8th gen collection

LOL if it beats ps4 1 month it will be close..Op is an idiot.

Around the Network
todd2r said:
The season of Xbox is upon us. November and December are an easy win. Its like watching USA basketball against Brazil or something.

In the US perhaps, Europe will seal the worldwide fate with Japan which got a special dragon quest bundle anounced, so they finally got an excuse to buy a PS4. Although I see the Xone winning in November the cards for december are still open if you ask me. Sony could sell a lot on the promises during the press event. They sold 12.5 million consoles on one promise already. I wonder what february will be like for the Xone, Germany vs Brasil WK2014, so it would be a rather short season :p.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

GumpStation said:
LOL if it beats ps4 1 month it will be close..Op is an idiot.

The difference in the US is one million, so it the Xbone does sell 1 million more in the US due to the procecut and bundles and the gap could close pretty quickly. The gap will be huge again after February, but delaying the Order has given MS an advantage this holiday, otherwise it would be a truely easy win for PS4. To everyone who thinks the games is overrated, it has 140k pre-orders on vgchartz, which means at least 100k already, that game is going to sell systems, like water in the Sahara. So perhaps the OP isn't that much of an Idiot. Worldwide the gap will grow so don't worry PS4 worldomnation continues. (Unless US has become the entire world, globally in the US or something like that). Holiday sales are always a bet and most of the time sales are not math xbox can beast during holidays in the US.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

XboxOne will take both November and December but not bu that big margin that it will take the overall lead in US.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

BreedinBull said:
The saddest part is we are going to have to wait until December for Novembers numbers and January for Decembers numbers. dat suspense

Nah. VGC will be close enough that we'll have a pretty good idea. And the Amazon monthly best seller chart will accurately predict which console wins each month, just not by how much. 

October is locked for PS4 because Amazon had 2 PS4 skus in the top 25, highest Xb one sku was at 35. It's too early to tell for November, but pretty soon we'll have a very good steer for Nov as soon as Amazon generates a monthly best seller list. Early November is guaranteed to be Xb one's. mid-Nov is where things will start to get interesting. GTAV bundle and LBP3 bundle might not have the effects of AC and CoD, but they will give PS4 a lift compared to what's on offer now: a fading Destiny and just the standard PS4.

I see the gap shrinking, but I don't see Xb one moving into the lead.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm pretty sure X1 will lose both. No idea how many bundles they actually have to sell and without the price promo the weekly gaps were going to be larger I think. So it will again appear M$'s efforts were in vain or useless. Hope I'm wrong. Better chance of a win in Nov as a lot of people are saying. Just keeping my expectations low.

Pretty reasonable group in here. Did a bunch of people get banhammered?